Bowfront Owners please help

rasguedo

Hello everyone! I have a 28 gallon bowfront with the brace and I want to uprade to a 150 Sunpod. Only problem of course is that stupid brace. Will it be worth it? The hqi is directly above the brace, I know I will get a shadow but wil the light still be succesfull? I can also get the dual Sunpod 150s' so one is on either side but then the moonlights might sit over my tank and im not so sure if this will work either. 300 watts on a 28 gallon is a little much. Anyone have a bowfront or know of something I can do? Will the sunpod work?

You will probably end up melting the brace with the heat that the sunpod would make. I wouldn't try it.

Have you thought of a small T5HO fixture to put over the tank? You can probably get a good TEK fixture that would give you almost as good results as MH.

Off topic- West Verginia is a long way from the Pacific Northwest. You are welcome to post here because we don't have an exclusive club, but how did you find us? I would think that reefcentral.com or nano-reef.com would be a larger group of people that could answer your question.

dsoz :)

You will probably end up melting the brace with the heat that the sunpod would make. I wouldn't try it.

Have you thought of a small T5HO fixture to put over the tank? You can probably get a good TEK fixture that would give you almost as good results as MH.

Off topic- West Verginia is a long way from the Pacific Northwest. You are welcome to post here because we don't have an exclusive club, but how did you find us? I would think that reefcentral.com or nano-reef.com would be a larger group of people that could answer your question.

dsoz :)

I have a Tek T5 fixture now, 4x 24 watts for some reason though Im thinking its not enough for clams and such since its only about 3.5 watts per gallon. Plus I really want that shimmering effect mh's give and the moonlights. I found you guys through a simple google search i think it was "Sunpod Bowfront". One of the posters has a bowfront with a sunpod with pics I see a shadow so I wanted to post hoping someone could shed some light on the situation.. No pun intended! :)

If I was to do it I would use nylon screws like you see on a reactor, this way if they get discolored you could replace, plus if you had a large piece in there you could easily remove it, I would not rely on a bonding product long term.