LTA's fear of commitment

JeffP

I picked up an LTA last week from Waves, and while it's a great looking animal, it's not settling in. I put it on the sandbed with some rock underneath to attach to and covered it to prevent the clowns from pummeling it.... still, 4+ days later, it's still not attaching to anything. Anyone have any ideas here?

I picked up an LTA last week from Waves' date=' and while it's a great looking animal, it's not settling in. I put it on the sandbed with some rock underneath to attach to and covered it to prevent the clowns from pummeling it.... still, 4+ days later, it's still not attaching to anything. Anyone have any ideas here?[/quote']

It may take some time...anemones can be very selective where they start to attach and sometimes they take a awhile to do so...

I think that LTA like to be in a sand bed, then they attach to the glass/rock under the sand. Just give it time to settle in and get happy. I hope it works out for you.

Have you covered your powerheads and overflows? If it floats too close you may get anemone soup.

dsoz

Yeah, had it on the sandbed with some rubble under the sand. Covered it so the clowns would leave it alone. The foot never extended though :(

This morning though, the goby must've knocked the cover loose and the anemone was moved under some other rock :(

Yeah, had it on the sandbed with some rubble under the sand. Covered it so the clowns would leave it alone. The foot never extended though :(

This morning though, the goby must've knocked the cover loose and the anemone was moved under some other rock :(

If you had it covered that may be the reason, since anemones love light, it may have been moving to find better light...the clowns will not bother it, this is their natural interaction in nature...so do not worry about the clowns...

If you had it covered that may be the reason' date=' since anemones love light, it may have been moving to find better light...the clowns will not bother it, this is their natural interaction in nature...so do not worry about the clowns...[/quote']

It was covered with a clear tupperwear container - at Jordan's (Waves) suggestion to prevent the clowns from *****slapping it too hard before it attached :) Made sense to me.

It was covered with a clear tupperwear container - at Jordan's (Waves) suggestion to prevent the clowns from *****slapping it too hard before it attached :) Made sense to me.

Interesting...Jordan knows way more then me on anemone knowledge, so I would take his advice well over mine! :) I am just surprised that the clowns would bother it that much...but you learn something new everyday...