Question

Holly

Do you think an established 180g can support a red scooter blenny and two mandarinfish?

My scooter and female mandarin are both fat and happy, doing great, and the tank's been up a-year-and-a-half. The female seems to be doing so well that I'm thinking of getting a male for her.

'Just thought I'd get a concensus before I tried it.

THANKS!

We've got a small yellow gobi and a 6line, but they both eat mysid daily as their primary food source, so I'm not sure if they make much of a difference..? I've never seen the gobi sifting sand, but the wrasse pecks opportunistically at the rocks during the daytime.

I've had all my stock for a long time except the mandarin which I added several weeks ago. She's plumped up, and the scooter still looks good, so I thought maybe the tank could support just one more pod eater....

Ya, I have had good luck with mine too, there are NO copepods in my tank due to some treatments I did and the mandarin eats prepared foods exclusively, however don't expect this as from research will tell you otherwise. Soon as I find a good source of pods I will reseed.... Impur? LOL.

Ya' date=' I have had good luck with mine too, there are NO copepods in my tank due to some treatments I did and the mandarin eats prepared foods exclusively, however don't expect this as from research will tell you otherwise. Soon as I find a good source of pods I will reseed.... Impur? LOL.[/quote']

Yah no prob. I'm doing my WC tonight, i'll drop in a few pieces of sponge for them to populate and you can have that.

**making mental note that Impur is the person to hit up for pods**(whistle)

I got a male mandarin from WAVES this afternoon. YAY! Thanks Joel!!(clap)

The new male's quite a bit smaller than my female (half her size, I'd guess). I hope that won't be a problemoooo. She's shown zero signs of aggression up to now but I haven't put him in yet--he's drip acclimating. Another 5min to go!! 'Guess I'll soon see! (fish)

I put the new guy in, and the "big female" made a bee-line for him and out came "her" display fin. It's a MALE!!!DOH! He's never displayed the big fin before, and I've been LOOKING FOR IT for two weeks (to make sure I had a female).(booboo) ..So now I have two males...and I'm worried that the smaller one might get hurt by the larger one..?(scary) Is that possible?..