acclimation times

mister crabs

how long does it normally take for softies such as GSP, Zoos, and Shrooms to get used to a new tank? I acclimated them by floating and then adding a little bit of tank water every little while until there was a 50-50 new-old water mix and i turned off my lights except for the actinics.

the green polyps and half the zoos are out but the shroom is kinda curled up and puffy and his mouth is sticking out right now. the star polyps havent come out yet at all. the shroom and zoos are halfway up the tank and the GSP are on the sandbed. any ideas? still kind of a noob at this thing.

do shrooms like flow? cuz its kind of in direct flow from my koralia 1 and its like 8 inches in front of it. but koralias arent direct flow and are more random.

what do you guys feed your softies? I am going to pick up some phtyo thats frozen.....maybe some cyclopleeze (sp?) what you guys think?

i have the spirulina brine but thats it so far. they have two lilttle bottles of cyclopeeze and phyto both frozen at the LFS but they want like 26 bux for the set...may look online since i need a few more things anyhow.

Have You checked with Jay.

Softies HATE PH changes. When you buy, trade and so forth. Know what the PH is, comming from, going to. THE WIDER THE DIFFERENCE, The longer to acculamate. and slower in the change. even 24+ hours.

• 5 weeks later...