powder blue tang ???

wegotjs

Got a powder tang last week. He has gotten ich in the last couple days, but tonight I noticed a very bloated stomach. Could this be related to the ich or is this a different symptom. Any ideas ???

I am treating the ich and it seems to be a very mild out break and I caught it early as I was looking for it as these fish are known as ich-magnets.

Jon

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Powder blue's are the only tang I just can't seem to keep. I have tried 3 different times. Very sad for me as i think they are such a beautiful example of SWF. Never had Ick, but they just died within a week. For me, I think I will find one welllllll established in the future. I just feel to guilty trying and them dying.

I would suggest not getting the powder blue at all!!!!! If you are having toruble keeping fish in general this is not the fish to get. One of the most sensitive tangs out there. They require lots and lots of swimming room 200 gallons plusand a variety of algaes as well. In general the majority of these guys just don't make it in captivity. IMHO this is one of those fish that we should just leave in the ocean. For every 1 you see living and thriving in captivity several others have parished along the way. Plenty of other gorgeous tangs out there that are much more suited to life in captivity. JMO