Palytoxin - enough info for report??

uhuru

Hey guys, I have to write a 10 page paper using peer-reviewed journal articles on any topic in toxicology. Do you think there has been enough research out there to do it on palytoxin? Any suggestions on articles I can look up?

If not, I will probably do one on tetrodoxin in puffer fish.

Thanks! Found it! I'm going to broaden my topic to "toxicants in marine aquaria" so I can include puffer fish as well. If anyone can think of another natural toxin we may find in our tanks, let me know. It must affect humans so allelopathy doesn't count.

Thanks! Found it! I'm going to broaden my topic to "toxicants in marine aquaria" so I can include puffer fish as well. If anyone can think of another natural toxin we may find in our tanks' date=' let me know. It must affect humans so allelopathy doesn't count.[/quote']

Lots of fish have toxins in them that are kept in our tanks, lion fish, rabbit fish, rhino fish, stone fish, sting rays...you could even do the blue ring octo as some people keep them...

Hey guys, I have to write a 10 page paper using peer-reviewed journal articles on any topic in toxicology. Do you think there has been enough research out there to do it on palytoxin? Any suggestions on articles I can look up?

If not, I will probably do one on tetrodoxin in puffer fish.

I just did a quick literature search on palyotoxin and found something like 300 references. I think that should be more than plenty for your report. I didn't look through and see how many are related to home aquariums though. I've attached the references that I found in a zipped html file.

Bob

conv_1763.zip

Oh, awesome Bob! I did a normal google search and didn't come up with much. I will use the library database at school to look up those articles. Reefgeek I will look into the other toxins too. I think I will discuss multiple toxins even though there seems to be plenty on palytoxin alone.

Oh' date=' awesome Bob! I did a normal google search and didn't come up with much. I will use the library database at school to look up those articles. Reefgeek I will look into the other toxins too. I think I will discuss multiple toxins even though there seems to be plenty on palytoxin alone.[/quote']

I've used Web of Science and INSPEC databases a lot in the past. The OSU library seems to have both. You can also try Google Scholar:

http://scholar.google.com/

Bob