setting up a calcium reactor....need help...calling all experts

Guest Mbeef61

image attached for reference

i just bought the aqua euro usa 400 reactor....just set everything up and have a few questions....im trying to figure out what the vent line is on the lid of my reactor. right now the co2 is entering at a bubble rate of 1 bubble per second. and the effluent is going about 1 drip per second. but the vent line is pouring out water like a good quality ro unit...is that normal? reactor also has a ph probe which is reading 6.7.

i have 2 sets of directions that came with this and the better of the 2 says the vent line should be attached to the side with the little nipple underneath the lid while the effluent is attached to the one without a nipple on the underside of the lid. does anyone know which is correct?

also in the attached instructions the vent line is the blue one on the lid pointing straight up with the nipple on the underside of the lid (does the dotted arrow indicated water flow like it does on the supply lines?)

please help!!! i will check this often.

weird so i should shut it off after air is bled out....its just a temporary thing....im gonna call you when your open in between classes...still got a couple questions...thanks man

yes its either a recirculating hose (to keep excessive CO2 flowing through the pump), or its a bleed out that you shut off once the reactor is free of air.

I cant really see anything in your image, but you can email me a larger file if you like.

joel @wavesreef.com