Leopard wrasse hangimg out top of tank near gyre.

Oregonic

Picked up a leopard wrasse from cuttlefish and coral this weekend and my dottyback does not seem to like him. The wrasse has been waking up and he just heads towards the top of the tank and hangs out on top of my gyre. There is some algae growing on the magnet and he seem to be picking at pods up there. Everytime he gets more then about halfway down the dottyback darts at him then darts back to his cave, doesnt seem to actually be attacking him more like a warning this is my tank. The dottyback has been a model citizen and seems to care less about the other fish. The wrasse is pretty small right now. He is eating reef frenzy and picking at the pods on glass and gyre and seems happy haning near the gyre.  Should i be concerned?  Only had the wrasse for 3 days, what are the odds of the dottyback accepting him as a tank mate?  Will he hold his own as he grows?

Mirror is working amazingly. The wrasse is barley getting chased,  dottyback has mellowed. Added bonus the clownfish have been swimming in front of the mirror non stop they are super interested in the additional clownfish they are seeing ? 

• Like 5

Mirror is working amazingly. The wrasse is barley getting chased,  dottyback has mellowed. Added bonus the clownfish have been swimming in front of the mirror non stop they are super interested in the additional clownfish they are seeing [emoji23] 

I put a mirror on my tank once and my sailfin went nuts haha I had to take it down after a few hours because I was worried the fish would stress itself and everyone else out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk