I think I'm screwed

pledosophy

So over the course of the day my green bubble tip walked 30" across the tank and seemed to have climbed up onto the intake of the MJ900 which is on a timer so it goes on 15 minutes every hour. The Nem is sucked into the intake strainer attachment.

What should I do? Take the attachment off and see if it crawls out. Leave it attached and wait for it to crawl out.

I did unplug the powerhead so it wouldn't get more sucked in.

Help?

Nem was an occupant in the wife's tank. Which, well see title.

Pic from a few days ago.

clowns.jpg

Yes, unplug PH. Leave everything in place and see if the anemone will crawl out on it's own (most likely will).

Next cover the intake of the powerhead. See design on this web page http://www.karensroseanemones.com/

Anemones can recover from some serious damage. It may try to split because of the stress.

Good luck with it. I hope it recovers.

dsoz

It might come out easier if you pull off the intake and set in it your rocks, just don't try to pull the anemone out (which I'm sure you know). Just give it a little and see how it works out. Also be sure to check the tank parameters and try to figure out why the anemone was walking. They usually don't walk unless they are unhappy, but just check.

Good luck.

I've only had the anemone for a bit over a week. It has never settled in a place yet. Was in the same place for the last three days was hoping it had found a home.

Tank Parameters are all good IMO. Phosphates were barely detectable but everything else was cool. pH was a bit low for me at 8.1 and the salinity was at 1.027 so I added some more RODI.

I slowly removed the intake and placed it on the sand. There was no anemone in the impeller part, but you can see the bulbs in the strainer.

Doesn't seem like there is anything to do but cross my fingers for the night.

Will get strainers up tomorrow, thankfully it is my day off so that is cool.

I didn't theink it would be able to get to the MJ due to the MJ's placement. Feel kinda foolish right now. :(

agreed. the bubble tip should recover if water conditions are good. these are very forgiving anemones. leave the strainer, and let the anemone squeeze out on its own. the anemone has just been searching for the right combination of water movement, light and feeding. once these needs are met, it should settle in to a crevice in a rock and stay put.

once its pulled itself out and has attached to some rocks, after a few days start feeding it some big meaty foods like silversides or krill. it might help it stay in one spot.

after a few days start feeding it some big meaty foods like silversides or krill. it might help it stay in one spot.

It may not take food while it is damaged (depends on the extent). You may need to wait a week or two for the 'nem to heal before it will eat. This should not deter you from trying to feed it. If it does not accept the food then just remove it and try again the next day.

My green BTA loves the squid out of a "seafood combo" that I got at Grocery Outlet. It does not care for the clam or mussels that also come in the bag (more for me to use for chowder). I have not tried silversides, but they are supposed to be great for 'nems.

When are you going to take some pics and post them?

dsoz :)

It seems to have crawled out all by itself. The strainer was floating this morning the anemone is on a rock looking kind of inverted but hey it crawled about 6" to the rocks so I think that might be good. Lights don't go on for in that tank until 6pm so I'll take some updated shots of it then.

Here are some from last night. My wife thought I was sick for taking them. But knew you'd all like to see

neminperil3.jpg

neminperil2.jpg

neminperil1.jpg

I'm off to get strainers and water.

That is awful...I know what you are going through as my green BTA had an incident with the Hydor...It did not survive, despite my efforts to save it. I hope yours fairs a little better and lives through the ordeal. I resolve to not have anenomes...as I can't quite figure out a way to cover the Hydors and keep flow.

Kris