Reef Store - Hawthorne Street

N70SJ

I would like to lease 1,000 SF retail space at SE 10th and Hawthorne to a Reef Store. My other retail spaces on Hawthorne are spoken for but I'm holding on to the last 1,000 SF for a Reef store because I think it would be fun.

The space would be in the center of building with roll-up doors to Hawthorne. There could also be a 500-700 SF mezzanine in the space.

d6dea2be78bbd9c3dd00b07a27f34e32.jpg

Message me if you know of anyone or need additional information.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rent is $35 SF + $5NNN or $3,950 Mo.

I bought the whole block less the SE 1/4 so I have 20,000SF now for parking.c7e7a7a9d0a24ab577d1ff4dc432d28c.jpg

Parking will be on 10,000SF on the N side of bld.

Yes.....If you don't have a lot parking is tough.

While I'd love to see a reef shop there (since it's close to where I work) I would think that rent would be too high for a reef shop. I just don't see a reef shop in that location being able to stay afloat paying that kind of rent. Maybe if they grew corals on one side of the shop and cannabis on the other.... Even that might be tough with Pharma right there.

The change in annual income per person in the area of:

The Willamette river to the West,

Belmont St to the North,

SE 39th to the East,

And Powell to the South.

I don't have the exact # of high-end condo's ie: $400/SF sale prices and high-end apartments ie: $2-$3/Sf rent. The majority of future move-ins will most likely have Six digit income and substantial disposable income to afford the best this hobby can offer.

One of the Main reasons that area is exploding is because for the 1st time in over 25 years the State of Oregon is making substantial changes in the "sacred" comprehensive plan, taking effect 1st 1/4 of 2018. For example that area has many buildings in the "Industrial Sanctuary". Industrial buildings that now can only have Heavy-Industrial users. In 2018 Buildings zoned Industrial can no have 5,000 SF retail and 5,000 SF general office and most importantly unlimited "Creative Office". Now a Architect for example making plans will be considered a industrial producer. So that opens the doors wide open for a huge new supply of high-Income workers that was not possible before. Keep an eye on that area. I'm confident you will be amazed.

Hey. Dragon got me thinking about affordability for a reef shop. I am going to put fifty 40 Ft shipping containers fitted for creative office and retail on the NE quarter of the block:21d03edde7b10e8cc55d721b02cb487e.jpg

Above and to the right as pictured below from the Hawthorne space:ec31921fd7fba1f76d530042239e9603.jpg

I will have spaces of:

160 sq ft

320 sq ft

480 sq ft

640 sq ft

Up to 1,920 sq ft.a6879ddbc4a22fcebae6ed438181c1e2.jpg

31d7af31ceee63b266dfa74d1ca00f08.jpg

67bc77a102efe2e7c96048b054a0b5b2.jpg

Some will face Madison with full glass store fronts. More affordable. As low as $995/mo.

That looks pretty awesome actually. Rent in PDX is high. When my lease went to renew back in October our new owner tripled it and then added a grand on top of it. I am sure you will be able to lease it.

Those creative spaces look very interesting though. Please keep in touch when you get close to having them ready. 

:D 

• Like 1

That looks pretty awesome actually. Rent in PDX is high. When my lease went to renew back in October our new owner tripled it and then added a grand on top of it. I am sure you will be able to lease it.

Those creative spaces look very interesting though. Please keep in touch when you get close to having them ready.

:D [/quote

What do you lease?

Nice, that seems more doable for a reef shop. I love container builds too! I work at a creative studio right down the street and it's been amazing to see how much change has taken place in the area.

Cool, We should have lunch sometime and talk tanks-n-RE.