Heater went out!!

Emerald525

A few weeks back when we had all the snow, I used the most sophisticated monitoring equipment my fingers !

I was feeding the fish and I was like hey Sirena the water feels cold (no thermometer either )????.

Sure enough the heater is broken and I don't have any lying around that are rated for my tank size so I decided to just see what happened as I had a feeling everything would be okay as I didn't run heaters years ago and sure enough everything looks fine without any signs of stress.

My tank is indoors in my bedroom so I wouldn't advise this of you keep your tank in a place that is not temperature controlled like a garage. It's also one less thing to worry about breaking while I'm gone as I have seen many heater disasters.????

Just keep that house warm........I know my 10 drops like a rock with no heater. I have forgot to turn it back on and the next morning tank was 70 degrees or less.

Your corals probably still did ok. Even my sps showed no signs of stress. Now if I could figure out how to make them torch and hammer resistant!????

• Like 1

Your corals probably still did ok. Even my sps showed no signs of stress. Now if I could figure out how to make them torch and hammer resistant!

Yes its just my RFA tank but still I like to keep them happy and after moving them all into a 10 no one is happy :rolleyes:

• Like 1