RO Water Smell

Bevo5

Hey all - lately I've noticed that my RO water (fresh) has a distinct locker room scent to it. Maybe sulfur or something? I'm not sure.

I have 0 TDS coming out and I recently changed my pre-filter and carbon filter. My DI resin is relatively new (no more than 2 months). 

I have never cleaned out the RO units - it's a Spectrapure 180gpd system so there are two of them. Do I need to pop those suckers out and give them a rinse some time?

I've been using it for the past month or so, but I figured I'd go ahead and ask if anybody knows the cause and/or issues with this smell. I am currently seeing a bit of Cyano take hold so I'm trying to sort out any possible source of issue.

My dumb Hana phosphate reader is the worst so I can never get a good read - but it doesn't show up in the RO, so I don't know if that's the issue.

OH - container is a 45g Brute.

thanks.

Hey all - lately I've noticed that my RO water (fresh) has a distinct locker room scent to it. Maybe sulfur or something? I'm not sure.

I have 0 TDS coming out and I recently changed my pre-filter and carbon filter. My DI resin is relatively new (no more than 2 months). 

I have never cleaned out the RO units - it's a Spectrapure 180gpd system so there are two of them. Do I need to pop those suckers out and give them a rinse some time?

I've been using it for the past month or so, but I figured I'd go ahead and ask if anybody knows the cause and/or issues with this smell. I am currently seeing a bit of Cyano take hold so I'm trying to sort out any possible source of issue.

My dumb Hana phosphate reader is the worst so I can never get a good read - but it doesn't show up in the RO, so I don't know if that's the issue.

OH - container is a 45g Brute.

thanks.

I would first suggest pouring into another container and seeing if the smell is just a reaction vs the RO Water and the Brute Can, As for the RO Membrane (What I think your referring too) Do you not have a flush valve?

Lastly If your having issues with the Hanna Phosphate checker I would suggest Calling them and seeing what they might do to replace it, I use the same checker with up to date reagent and with the reagent so cheap I tested my checker and did a reading every day for a month and the results were nearly Identical every day confirming there products do in fact work. Though for Red Slime you have another battle on your hands and need to look into red slime remover or some other bacterial infection killer.

• Like 1