28 gallon nano-cubes locally?

mister crabs

anyone seen the new 28 gallon Nano-Cubes available at any local LFS? they look pretty sweet as they have the 150w HQI MH in an enclosed hood with supposedly no heat issues. plus the extra size is a bonus over the 24 gallon. I am probably going to go with a 29 gallon biocube as my replacement for my 40 stretch hex i sold when I moved but if any of the LFS has these available maybe i will spend the extra $$. thanks guys for your help!

P.S. >> heres a link for those who dont know what im talking about LOL http://www.nanocustoms.com/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=168

I think that something like this would be SWEET! Except for the fact that the built in skimmer uses a limewood air stone.

I was initially going to go the route of the AP24 with 150w HQI. I think that this one would be a better buy if it is about the same price.

Last I heard they were pre-selling this model for about $500. A little out of my price range. Then add sand, rock, coral, fish... OUCH!

Go to www.nano-reef.com to find some opinions of this little baby. There are several people there that have one.

dsoz

thats where i initially heard of this tank. I was looking at the redsea max which is like $100 more expensive and even looked at nano-tuners.com where they sell a Biocube 29 with the 150w HQI in the hood but its like $750. I was thinking of picking up this tank and then ditching the skimmer in favor of a tunze nano or a sapphire aquatics skimmer. I like that this tank can keep a MH enclosed and not have heat issues supposedly. Its also standard with a wavemaker and two return pumps (albeit small ones). and either nano-tuners.com or nano-customs.com sells it for $75 more than anyone else but with two 16w actinics also installed in the hood.

and that $549 on the link is WITH the additional actinic installed. I believe the stock tank runs right around $400-425 range. and i have heard with a 14k bulb you dont need actinic really.....dont know how true that is though since most discussions on bulbs and color and coral growth are mainly opinion based.