Anyone use CerMedia Marine Pure Bio-Filter?

Yes it can be used in a new aquarium. It works well I have some in my sump. You can use less live rock or no live rock with it. You will have to dose some bio spira or similar to boost the bacteria and you can add a small chunk of shrimp to start everything off.

• Like 1

Yes it can be used in a new aquarium. It works well I have some in my sump. You can use less live rock or no live rock with it. You will have to dose some bio spira or similar to boost the bacteria and you can add a small chunk of shrimp to start everything off.

I thought so, how's your nitrites? Ammonia levels? Also, how long have you been using it? I use Dr. Tim's one seahorse only tank to seed my tanks. If I want a quick starter I use seachem stability for 7 days, 2nd day introducing live stock .. but I prefer not to until the 7th.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

My ammonia and nitrite are 0 I put the marine pure balls in my sump to boost my tanks bio filtration now my nitrates are not detectable. The stuff works great! Before I on the marine pure in my sump I was struggling to get my nitrates down I'm amazed how well this stuff actually works. If your in the Vancouver area you can swing by and have a look.

• Like 1

I have two of the big blocks in my sump right now seeding for the new tank. After two weeks my algae turf scrubber has been slowly failing. Absolutely no other changes to the system. The algae isn't growing hardly and may pull the ats out.

In short, so far the blocks exceeded my expectations.

That's awesome... I'm ordering them this friday...I was hoping to show everyone my build but i'm having issues adding photos...:-(

It's for my seahorse tanks (one for captive bred H. barbouri's and CB H. reidi, the other is my wild tank.. with WC dwarf seahorse tank which I will deworm and a male spotted mandarin.)

I appreciate everyone's input!  

• Like 1

Hey guys,

If any of you were wondering...I reached out to CerMedia on how much to buy... this is what they said...

RE: CerMedia MarinePure Plate Bio-Filter Media for Marine and Freshwater Aquariums, 8 by 8 by 1-Inch

ANS: Plate: Can be cut easily to use in filters where other media doesn’t fit. Plate will eliminate ammonia and nitrites in 100 gallon tank

RE: CerMedia MarinePure 1.5-Inch Sphere Bio-Filter Media for Marine and Freshwater Aquariums, 2-Quart

ANS: Spheres: Works well in canister filter to eliminate ammonia and nitrites. 2 quarts will work well for 250 gallons of water.

RE: CerMedia MarinePure Block Bio-Filter Media for Marine and Freshwater Aquariums, 8 by 8 by 4-Inch

ANS: Block:  Recommended to reduce nitrates and placed in a passive area of a system( for example a sump). 1 Block for 100 gallons of water. All our products will reduce nitrates to some degree but the Block works best because there is a much larger anoxic area for beneficial bacteria to thrive.

Edited by yellowseahorseguy

• 2 weeks later...