Where would I be able to get low iron glass?

LadAShark

I'm interested in building a large tank 10' long ~4' wide 3.5' deep. I'm trying to get large glass panes, and, simply put, starphire glass isn't satisfactory as it's somewhat blatantly overpriced. Do any of you know of glass pane providers that I might be able to contact?

Unfortunately unless you buy in volume which is over 2500.00 your forced to buy through a glass store like Nw glass or similar. For example a 2'x2'x1/2" non tempered is 125.00 multiply that by 5 just for easy math and you can buy a low iron glass tank for that or cheaper.

Save money and just get the front and sides low iron/Starphire the back and bottom don't need to be.

But any 10' x 3.5' piece is going to be $$$. Most likely going to be 3/4 inch thick. Freight will be a lot too. And you need like a lift/suction cup machine to move/assemble it.

I would look into having one made. Try miracles aquariums in Canada. Last time I priced an 8x4x2 it was around 6500 shipped and that was Starphire

Save money and just get the front and sides low iron/Starphire the back and bottom don't need to be.

But any 10' x 3.5' piece is going to be $$$. Most likely going to be 3/4 inch thick. Freight will be a lot too. And you need like a lift/suction cup machine to move/assemble it.

I would look into having one made. Try miracles aquariums in Canada. Last time I priced an 8x4x2 it was around 6500 shipped and that was Starphire

Yeah, I see.

Hmm.

Unfortunately unless you buy in volume which is over 2500.00 your forced to buy through a glass store like Nw glass or similar. For example a 2'x2'x1/2" non tempered is 125.00 multiply that by 5 just for easy math and you can buy a low iron glass tank for that or cheaper.

I am and have been looking into buying in volume, but I have not found any places that I absolutely want to buy from yet.

Edited by LadAShark