Acrylic sump Baffles

Jeramy

Hey guy's and gal's just wanted to get some input on acrylic. I have a sump that I would like to add some baffles to as well as a hole that needs filled. I also want to remove some portion of the filter sock holders that are incorporated. The thickness of the acrylic is 3/16 of an inch. There is a baffle in there now that has started to separate and needs some attention as well. Your thoughts and advice are much appreciated.

1. What is the proper type of glue to use? I tried in the past and got mad crazing when I used the weld on jell.

2. Was thinking about using a flush cut router bit to remove the filter sock holders just wasn't sure if I needed a special type of bit.

3. What type of blade should I get for my table saw to cut acrylic without melting it.

c9b9972dcf02c9c6d4a293a3097e26d3.jpg8e40f97f250828e357bad891ce071853.jpg790941e0dff22637cb399e62d24c2a21.jpg5b44c8bed82ca9833584c2ee944bd2f2.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I built my tank and sump out of acrylic. I used weld on 4 for all of it except one baffle in the sump was leaking and I used weld on 16 to seal that. Any woodworking flush cut bit will work and your table saw blade can be for wood as well but use a 60 tooth blade. Worked for me good luck!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1