Apex Jr. Upgrade

Exodus

Not sure if anyone has ventured over to Neptunes site and looked over the newest firmware update or not, but a huge improvement came with the Jr. Now allowing for up to 7 modules plugged in! That increase of 3 Modules is a pretty big upgrade for Jr. Owners like myself! Just thought I would pass the information along for anyone else interested.

Version 4.40 brings new additions to the Apex AquaController System:

• Support for new Neptune Systems product releases— WAV Pump/1Link Module and PAR Monitoring Kit/ASM module
  • A module expansion increase for the Apex Jr System— Increased to a total of 7 Aquabus Expansions plus a display module from 4 Aquabus Expansions plus a display module.
  • Variety of other miscellaneous enhancements/fixes, including a firmware update for WAV pumps.

Specific support for these products can be found in the Get Started Section.

For more information or assistance, visit support.

Edited by Exodus
  • Like 1

Yeah it's a massive upgrade. Now, there's really no reason to buy the gold package unless you know for a fact you want all of those modules. 

I had a junior and bought a gold just so I could add more modules, and now this update makes that pointless. OH well - I don't mind have the 2nd one on monitoring my QT tank, but it would not have been so important had I known this was happening.

• Like 1

Yeah it's a massive upgrade. Now, there's really no reason to buy the gold package unless you know for a fact you want all of those modules. 

I had a junior and bought a gold just so I could add more modules, and now this update makes that pointless. OH well - I don't mind have the 2nd one on monitoring my QT tank, but it would not have been so important had I known this was happening.

Yeah I currently have the B.O.B, PM2, and EB8 connected to mine wasn't sure if I wanted to use my last 1 for a PM1 or the PAR meter, but now I can have both!! :yahoo:

• Like 1

You could also unplug your display and just use the dashboard. But now there's no point to that. Enjoy it all.

That is true, but I still use the display for Calibrating my conductivity probe, I heard it can be done on the dash, but i do find the display more convenient, otherwise I never use the thing like I feel most others probably figure it out.

Primarily I control my apex through programmed switches on the breakout box or my phone.