WTB Aqua Illumination Director

milesmiles902

Looking to buy a used Aqua Illumination Director. I realized that with a regular timer, on restart the AI's come on full blast. A royal pain when you are starting out at 20% intensity. If there is anyone out there that has one lying around, I would love to take it off your hands. Thank you.

Major upgrade! What model of AI Sols did you get? If its any consolation I have the controller but I don't use it to ramp up or down and the corals are fine with that. When lights are on in the morning it is ON. Or do you mean you are ramping up the light to acclimate the corals to more power than a previous light?

It is a humongous upgrade. Three years of really hot summers in the making.  :happy: 

I got the AI Hydra 52's. It isn't about the ramp up and ramp down, but the intensity of the LED's. 20% on the Hydra's is equivalent to the T12's I was running. 40% is equivalent to the metal halide (and T12's), but that never ran all day. With my work/school schedule, I am always gone when the lights change cycles. If I put it on a timer, then they would run at 100% intensity whenever they came. That's the dilemma.

For now, I am just going to change the time I turn them on and off. That way I am always here when it happens.

• 1 month later...

*Bump*

I wasn't going to bump this again, but I can't find a used wireless controller anywhere. Amazon, ebay, google, they just don't exist. Almost like someone out there bought them all, just so I can't have one (badxgillen). Just kidding, but really.

I have searched far and wide for a new/used controller for the AI Hydra 52's. None seem to exist. Can any of you help me find one? Most places seem out of stock. Technically, I think this is what I am looking for: AI MK II Wireless Controller or the AI Director.

EDIT:

Or a healthy alternative.

Edited by milesmiles902