Artic 247 settings questions

PowderBlue

So the light is mounted 16 inches above my tank, here are the tank specs

48x24x12

Both lights are mounted basically in the middle

Limited amount of live rock

Lps, zoas, as fsr as corals go

Here are my questions

My corals see coming from a 12x12 cube that had an ai prime over it at 90 percent power. I liked the color at about 18k from my prime. What should I run the intensity at on the 247s? I have them at 15 percent whites and 40 percent blues right now. But the whites seem to really overpower the blues even at this low of a setting. Should I bump up the intensity in blues and whites? It lights the tank well even at the low settings. I have perfect shadowing on the side which I wanted for certain corals. Any one who has run these I'm all ears! 4b90a29921e9d345f0276f8e1c602f84.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

My frag tank is about 10 inches deep and on my zoa/LPS side I have my intensity at 30 blues and 10 white. Gives it more of a blue look but that's how my zoas seem to like it. And my lights are about 20" off the water. Everything seems to get good color/growth. I would think that your corals will need to acclimate to the lower light after moving them over but you can always go up in intensity and watch how they react. Much better to work up than to shock them with too much light and try to come down haha.

I'm still working on finding the lights sweet spot but right now the corals seem happy :) I would say though that you are in the right area of intensity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Sweet thanks man! That helps a lot because the depth is very similar to mine, and your corals look good so I'll run right around where it's at for a while and slowly bump it.

It just seems like the corals don't pop like they did in my last tank

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Your welcome, glad I could help!

And for reference with SPS in the same tank(other half) I keep the light at 75 blue and 50 white. Or at least close to that. Those levels gives me really good growth and ok color. Still gotta get my nutrients up to help with color.

Color intensity may have been better in the other tank because the lights were so bright compared to what they are under right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1