Final questions plumbing through wall and into sump

PowderBlue

The issue I'm running into is the angle through the wall. My tank is short, my stand is short, hell I'm short lol but can I drill a bulkhead let's say 8 inches from the top of the sump, mount a bulkhead, and come into that bulkhead from the drain. Or maybe even just into nearly the bottom of the sump? The issue I'm having is I would have to 90 right off of the main overflow to get even close to the height of the top of my sump.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The issue I'm running into is the angle through the wall. My tank is short, my stand is short, hell I'm short lol but can I drill a bulkhead let's say 8 inches from the top of the sump, mount a bulkhead, and come into that bulkhead from the drain. Or maybe even just into nearly the bottom of the sump? The issue I'm having is I would have to 90 right off of the main overflow to get even close to the height of the top of my sump.

Is this drain from dt tank into your sump?  The top better cause you can put filter sock on your return drains?  If you put on the side, make sure it's tall enough to have room for you sock filters.   It was top for my tank because it's easier to change and place sock filters.

IDK, I am confused with drain and pump pressure out on how we called them :D .  For my system, from my DT tank plumbing down to sump, it is DRAIN for me.  From pump's outlet to DT tank, PUMP-OUT ( not sure what it should be called )??

Edited by caolewis

I cant. The issue is the angle won't be enough for what I want. I'm going to come into the sump midway down from the top with a bulk head, create a chamber for socks and skimmer

It's hard to have a feel on what's needed to be done from that pic :-).  Can u do 45%?  Horion stores has a lot more to choose from then depot or Lowes.