Help with plumbing my new tank

PowderBlue

So I bought Dave's old frag tank and I'm turning it into a shallow reef. It had a 2 inch drain and a 1 inch or 1.5 inch return drilled into a corner overflow. My questions are

1) By the look of the pic could I remove the return bulkhead, and drill the hole to fit another 2 inch bulk head for a herbie style overflow?

2)if there is not enough room could I run a 2 inch overflow for the main overflow of the herbie and run the smaller one as the emergency drain?

3) My plan is to run a return bulkhead on each top side of the back of the tank where the black tape pieces are, does this seem ok?

4) what size return should I run if I do a whole inch drain? 1.5 inch? My pump is plenty strong it's the DCS9000.

If none of this sounds correct what should I do?! 83f9b2fcc8a1aa5a1035fd0d73c3a42d.jpg

e5a147a464f9fd5ba0199aaa55be5010.jpg

e8cfbc298cc31bba04e73179d3334b7a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

It does not look like there is enough room to widen the hole for a larger secondary drain. But I am not there with a measuring tape to know for sure.

If it were me and I had the moola what I would do would to run the biggest opening (the 2")as the drain which in theory would handle the entire output from that pump if it makes manufactor specs. Then run the second hole as your back up. 

Then I would run the return split through two sea swirls. A single SCWD would be cheaper and still give you some alternation though as well. 

• Like 1