obituary for carpet surfing clown :(

dsoz

Wave, the larger clown in the tank passed away last night. She was found late this morning on the ground near the tank. She lead a productive life. She started life in the ocean, and finally made her way to SWFS where she was purchased by dsoz. Soon after moving into her new home she started showing symptoms of ick. She stayed six weeks in a small hospital tank for treatment. Wave was a known adventure seeker. Whenever a new object was added to the tank, she would be the first to check it out. She would commonly be seen eating out of the human's hand, and would often steal food out of the mouths of the frogspawn corals that she was hosting.

Wave is survived by Bubble the clownfish and Jaba the LM blenny. There are also several corals and an green BTA that she used as beds.

Goodbye Wave, you will be missed by all in the family.

Police are still investigating whether this was a suicide or a homicide. There are some strange coincidences. Bubble is the lead suspect. He was recently seen looking at pictures of juvenile clowns on the internet. He seemed interested in a small misbar that he saw in a picture. "That is one cute clown" was his comment.

just trying to make light of the situation :(

That is why I posted the obituary. It is sad, but not as bad as the whole tank crashing, or monti eating nudis.

My daughter was a little more distraught than I was. I was thinking of ether going to a pair of maroons, or trying to get one of those misbars from Barleycuda. This will make a change easier to pass by my daughter. She told me that she needs to approve of any changes to the tank from now on. :)

dsoz

I hate when I find a bleached fish skeleton stuck to the carpet behind the tank =( (Methinks I should peek back there more often, based on level of decomposition)

Ds - sorry to hear

And beware the saucy misbars !! :D

(PS What kind of clown was it? I have a female maroon/gold I need to unload. Actually I have a pair--the male's maroon/white misbar. She's the main aggressor though so if I can't give them away together, I'm gonna have to break them up to unload her)

They were (oner still is) ocellaris.

I think I have worked a deal with Barleycuda to get one of his tank raised clowns. I'll put the new one in while small, then my old small one will get bigger, and then nature will take it's course and hopefully they will be a pair.

I would love a pair of maroons, but my daughter is kinda attached to the ocellaris that we have. Bubble would also need to jump because she would not let me take him back to the store to get a pair of maroons. It looks like I am stuck with the ocellaris. It is OK, I liked the orange clownfish even before Nemo was made into a movie.

dsoz :)

No, she had lessons from a diver that won the Olympic gold metal in the last games. I believe that she did a triple back flip with a 4/3 twist and a tumble thrown in at the end. The judges would have given her 9.6, 9.8, 10, 10, and 8.3 (the grumpy old man from Germany).

The police started focusing on Jaba the LM Blenny. He has started showing aggression to other objects in the tank. My arm for one. He scared me when he bit the soft part above the wrist. He also has chased my new orange spot goby around the tank four times when it was first put in. Jaba cannot stand the sight of the new orange spot. Every time they meet, the orange spot goes swimming away with Jaba in hot pursuit.

dsoz