WTB Small pump not over 50 watt

StayPuff

Sorry G2thRam, did not mean to squash a sale, my bad.

Staypuf, glad it helps.  Be sure to double check the pump head height specs, this thing won't pump very high.

I also use one for the APEX auto water changes, it drains at a slower rate than a big pump which makes me feel more comfortable :)

For 12 bucks I keep a spare in the closet as well.  So far they have been in use since april of last year with no issues.

If interested... Here is a thread describing the water change stuff...  I don't think I posted it on our board for some reason...

http://www.reef2reef.com/threads/apex-automatic-water-change-without-dos.216530/

Sorry G2thRam, did not mean to squash a sale, my bad.

Staypuf, glad it helps.  Be sure to double check the pump head height specs, this thing won't pump very high.

I also use one for the APEX auto water changes, it drains at a slower rate than a big pump which makes me feel more comfortable :)

For 12 bucks I keep a spare in the closet as well.  So far they have been in use since april of last year with no issues.

If interested... Here is a thread describing the water change stuff...  I don't think I posted it on our board for some reason...

http://www.reef2reef.com/threads/apex-automatic-water-change-without-dos.216530/

Perfect I want it to drain slow :)

Im going to use the pump for something else and go with a Osmolator Universal 3155 Auto Top Off - Tunze  From everything I see the protection this Tunza has with the LED top off to that back up float I think I fee safe having double protection from not waking up to messes..

The more I read about the Tunze the more I feel safer and If it cost me a bit more then ok at least I wont wake up to a mess.

Makes sense, you gotta feel comfortable with the your own personal setup.  ATOs sure cause allot of tank crashes,  All the best on your ATO implementation!

That's why I like the Tunze I have never heard of this unit failing. With the back up float and the led it is double protection and the float isn't like the other floats these are ran by springs.

If one starts to go past the led then it will auto shut off with the float if the float goes above then the led will shut it off. Just double protection :)

Now other top off systems that have float valves have many problems salt gets in them floats and lock them up and then you got a huge mess as it over flows on you that's a big problem so I'm not going that route been there done that :)

That's why I'm paying a little extra for this one.