Bowen's IM Fusion 10

bowen1022

Went to cuttle fish today. Met Holly and Scott which was sweet!

1c9f33752b89ec4a66a9b499e93a0898.jpg

29fe90b5f0b96881ce49bce23c3cfd54.jpg

And I came home with this lil guy (courtesy of my roommate) His name is Zak

8a9b839da4e9e4421291910e13367233.jpg

I also named my Tail Spot Benjamin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I couldn't figure out a name for him forever but now I'm happy lol

Also I think my green cap lost a tad bit more color. It's not STN/RTN but I'm wondering what is causing it.

My Params:

pH: 8.0

Amm: 0

Nitrate: 0-5ppm

Calcium: 400ppm (working on bringing back up)

Alk: 8.4dkH

Mg: 1400ppm

Temp: 79 got up to 80 for a little while because it has been warmer in the house.

Im pretty sure my green cap is a gonner. Kinda sucks because I liked the bright green it added. My luck with caps is not very great. At least the orange one is doing well. *knock on wood* Might buy another one soon along with more acans  :happy:  Anyway happy reefing!

Edited by bowen1022

got my nuvo 10 in and the new sand will be picking up the stand tomorrow from Kenshin. After a refinish the stand I will begin slowly breaking down the stock 10 gallon and moving everything over :D

Great to hear!! I'm so nervous about getting home. Really hoping I don't have a bad cycle: I do have some seachem prime and stability so I'll probably be using that.

yeah that works great think you will be fine. You might have a small cycle but I dont think you will have an issue. I have moved tanks and even trans. to other tanks with no issues. Never lost anything

Thanks for the encouragement!

Well here is some more random information:

When I set up I threw out my old sand except for a cup and seeded some new stuff with that cup. I was going to keep the old sand but when I was moving it got stirred up a little more than what I wanted. I'm kinda wishing I went BB because my tank is super cloudy and anytime I touch the sand it becomes cloudy again. Its not super fine stuff... Mistake on my part for not rinsing I guess. I also changed my scape to a pillar like style. The April TOTM on Nanoreef inspired me so I wanted to try it out. I haven't glued anything or broken any rock so if I dont like it I can change it back. I will post photos when the water doesn't look like some dummy forgot to rinse the sand and then swirled it around and dumped milk in it. 

I am going through a spike in ammonia and nitrite so I have been using SeaChem Prime and am doing water changes. I'm hoping this doesn't last long.  fingersx01.gif

I feel like I am going to loose 1-2 corals as some appear to have some tissue narcosis but that comes with the hobby I guess. 

On a good note, I got a dosing pump and also ordered the Fusion Lagoon 25 last week which will be here on Tuesday. Going to be set up in late august. It will have a minimalist scape with mostly SPS and a few LPS/Soft. The inspiration for this came from Arsonmfg's tank obviously going to be downsized. 

Edited by bowen1022

Here is a photo of the scape. I don't think I like it lol. But I really want a more pillar like style. Anyone have any ideas?

4e297aa132767b8e3759a50f87d02676.jpg

Also I lost my red planet :/ pretty crappy as it was one of my favorite pieces. Once I get this scape dialed in and my tank settles back down I will be getting some different pieces to fill it in.

• Like 1

Yeah it looks similar to yours but it's a 45 gallon! And yes a Euphyllia tank. I've been slowly collecting piece for it. Got green hammer, green frogspawn, gold frogspawn, yellowish/greenish tipped torch, and a Bicolor frammer so far. Going to try and get maybe two more kinds of torch (purple and pink) and then call it good. Also going to add some different Goniopora and zoas. Gonna be an easy to care for tank. Goal is to have lots of movement, color and to be worry free while at school. :) gonna start building the stand soon.

What are you gonna do for this tank?

I need to build a stand too but unfortunately I don't have a lot of tools lol.

And I was thinking mainly SPS with a few lps/soft. I'm really inspired by arsonmfg's tank so I'm kinda wanting to try that out. I'm just kinda worried about not having a sump for a larger volume of SPS pieces.

I feel you on being inspired by arsonmfg's tank. I told my girlfriend we will have a tank like that one day haha. I'm just trying to keep it simple till I can afford the nice equipment. And I'm moving in about a year and a half so no point in starting an SPS tank when I'll be leaving just when it's filling out haha.

You will just have to watch water quality closely and you'll probably be fine :)

I feel you on being inspired by arsonmfg's tank. I told my girlfriend we will have a tank like that one day haha. I'm just trying to keep it simple till I can afford the nice equipment. And I'm moving in about a year and a half so no point in starting an SPS tank when I'll be leaving just when it's filling out haha.

You will just have to watch water quality closely and you'll probably be fine :)

• Like 1

I need to build a stand too but unfortunately I don't have a lot of tools lol.

And I was thinking mainly SPS with a few lps/soft. I'm really inspired by arsonmfg's tank so I'm kinda wanting to try that out. I'm just kinda worried about not having a sump for a larger volume of SPS pieces.

Know your pain on the stand with limited tools. I really just need to buy a few so I can do any building I need