My 29 Gallon BioCube Photos

fredknack

Hi All

I am a new member and I want to say hi post some of my new pictures. My 29 gallon BioCube started cycling March 1st this year. I have always had planted aquariums and this is my first reef. So far so good.

http://www.loopdaddy.com/plantedreef/biocube/

I look forward to attending an event soon. It seems that this reef keeping stuff is pretty addictive.

Fred

Hi, and welcome to the club. You are right about the addiction factor, it is bigger than crack!

There is a meeting each month, and August is a summer BBQ in Tigard. Everyone is welcome to come.

It looks like you have a good start on your tank. I love that flame angel!

Is that the PC version, or is it the new metal halide version? Have you made any mods to it yet?

Since you have a "nano" tank, have you been to www.nano-reef.com yet? There are a lot of good ideas on what to do with a small tank (under 30gal).

Keep up with the pics, and make sure you take pictures of your 140 build (from your signature).

dsoz :)

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the comments!

Impur: The Flame Angel (Sparky) is a model citizen. He hangs out with the Six Line Wrase (Sixer) and has caused no trouble for about three months. I feed fairly lightly and even then no problems.

Dsoz: Thanks for the welcome and invite. I will make it out to a meeting for sure. The tank lighting is stock but I added a 15 gallon refugium. My refugium setup is a little janky but I love the idea of more water volume,cheato and micro critters. It is a work in progress but already I think it has helped my numbers stay excellent. I just posted pics here: http://www.loopdaddy.com/plantedreef/biocube/refugium.html. I often go to nano-reef.com. It is a great site but I have yet to post. I will very soon. I have been taking pictures of the 140 the entire way and it has been an odyssey to say the least. I just posted a couple to the above URL and I will tell the entire story one day. I am glad I did not know what I was getting into. I just happened across a used 140 and it has been a vortex ever since.

And Mister Crabs I can highly recommend the BioCube 29. I got the 29 gallon as a learning tank to take the pressure off the larger 140 build so I could do it right. Now that the 29 is getting established I am certain I will keep both tanks in the end. Nothing like having a 29 gallon reef on your desk.

• 2 months later...