Purposed stocking list for 65g

pledosophy

I just wanted to get some input. I've had tanks for many years, but never really any reef tanks, just seahorse tanks wtih softies. After much debate I decided to make my 65g a reef with softies and LPS. Might try another SPS but haven't had good luck so far. I'll get a 37g for the seahorses soon.

For fish I was thinking:

1 Kole Tang (know it is pushing it a bit but I'll buy small and trade out if it gets to big.)

1 Leapord wrasse (would like the Potter's but will settle for a bipartus if I never see a Potters again)

1 Bi color blenny (currently the tanks only resident)

1 Pink spotted watchman (moving him over from my 20g)

Pair of dragon faced pipefish (Depending on how the pod population keeps up)

I would also like to add another clam, currently have a crocea, would like a deresa (again trade out when gets to big)

For corals:

Currently have

12 zoo frags

2 frogspawn frags

1 hammer frag

1 torch coral frag

1 xenia frag

1 Red gorgonia (non photosynthetic)

2 ric frags

2 Neospongodes frags

(more frags coming soon also)

Would like to add

1 Brain (wife says I need one)

1 Cynaria

How does that sound?

Tank is currently lit by T5's. Has a 20g refugium. I also keep macro algaes in the display. Has 2 turbos, 5 astrea's, 5 netrites, and a pair of breeding peppermints. I have a skimmer but haven't turned it on yet, the macro is doing it's job for now. There is a CL pushing 1000 gph, a Seio 620, and the return pump pushes around 400gph. Might add a MJ Mod for some more flow. I'm a little over 30x an hour right now, but the CL runs through spraybars under the rock so it is pretty broken up.

Any input?

Thanks for your time.

Kevin

Thanks Brandon,

Almost everything in the tank came from Joel. I did get some stuff from Sean and Miles also, the rock I moved with me last year.

Haven't seen a potter's wrasse in Waves for many months. Now that the tank is all setup maybe I'll ask Joel if he'll get one for me. IMO it's the prettiest fish I have seen.

Thanks Brandon,

Almost everything in the tank came from Joel. I did get some stuff from Sean and Miles also, the rock I moved with me last year.

Haven't seen a potter's wrasse in Waves for many months. Now that the tank is all setup maybe I'll ask Joel if he'll get one for me. IMO it's the prettiest fish I have seen.

I agree leopards are awesome fish I have 2 in my tank, a biparitus and an ornate one, I love them.

Brandon's leopards are sweet!

That looks like a good list Kevin. You'll need lots of pods though with 3 pod munchers. You can make small piles of rock rubble throughout the tank for pod breeding grounds ;)

I'm looking for a 37gal for seahorses too!!! Have you located one of those oceanic 37gal cubes?

Already have the rubble rock piles rockin. Tank has been setup since March so they've had time to establish. Rock was sitting in a bin with water and circulation for 7 months prior, I'm pretty happy now I kept up with the feedings. I have tons of pods.

Worst case I can culture them. I used to raise reidi seahorses so culturing pods is no new thing, and I have a garage now so that should be easy. Wife never liked all the cultures on the kitchen counters.

The 37g I'm plannin on is 30x12x23 I believe. Might be a little off on the height. I already have the stand and canopy so should be easy to just plug in a taller tank.

Already have the rubble rock piles rockin. Tank has been setup since March so they've had time to establish. Rock was sitting in a bin with water and circulation for 7 months prior, I'm pretty happy now I kept up with the feedings. I have tons of pods.

Worst case I can culture them. I used to raise reidi seahorses so culturing pods is no new thing, and I have a garage now so that should be easy. Wife never liked all the cultures on the kitchen counters.

The 37g I'm plannin on is 30x12x23 I believe. Might be a little off on the height. I already have the stand and canopy so should be easy to just plug in a taller tank.

My leopards eat pretty much anything I put in the tank and they are fat and happy, so I am sure yours will get on frozen and then you will not have to worry about pods to much...

Ya that's what I've read about them too. My lcuk they will never touch the stuff, I get lucky like that. I'm pretty sure I can get the pipes to frozen reasonably quick as well.

Any input on flow? Think I should add a powerhead or no?

No I am sure you can get them on frozen...

As for flow...another PH would not hurt...LOL.