My first tank stand build.

Cor4eyh

Looks good bro, just use a belt sander on the ends of a little to high. I sanded everything else with a 5" orbital sander 80 120 and 180 grit. Seal it with kilz or any other sealer then couple coats of paint. I prefer to spray it with finish tip to get nice flat furniture quality finish but brushing with right paint and brush can get you close

• Like 1

Looks good bro, just use a belt sander on the ends of a little to high. I sanded everything else with a 5" orbital sander 80 120 and 180 grit. Seal it with kilz or any other sealer then couple coats of paint. I prefer to spray it with finish tip to get nice flat furniture quality finish but brushing with right paint and brush can get you close

Seal first then paint?

Also is it normal to have any gaps? And how to fill them? Just wood filler? Make sure it's all smooth of course.

And thanks for the tip about spraying, however no spray gun for me so a smooth brush and or a superfine roller was suggested.

Now that it's all together I will take my sweet time finishing this stand it's got to look good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as gaps go, I usually just use painters caulk. Yes seal it before painting will make wood much more stable to saltwater. Lastly sand to 180 grit before painting and it will look good and use wood filler or spackle for minor imperfections

So it would seem as though when making things of wood this is normal persay? Glad to hear I feel dumb cause I know I measured twice and cut once but gosh!

Always something new, my sump broke today while moving it. Shiza!

Anyone have an extra sump with dimensions similar or smaller than 18x31inches? The $1 gallon sale is going on, but I don't know how to make a simp out of a tank, never done it before!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finished the stand! d62abb28b20af9d9acd31c41fd85dc80.jpg

Finished all the plumbing just need to add some doors and we'll be good any suggestions for hinges? My doors aren't exact fits because I'm reusing the ones from our kitchen remodel. c6d64cb021b62cfb9f02f3a70dfb0749.jpg

Before cleanup27736cc8f4ed1c03e0626b16e1d25408.jpg

After cleanup 22359d1f1c85d6d2755d2f1fb22ff372.jpgbfa0a733015fccdd3e4860d2d4698ee9.jpg89dd6bb1c70173d891d91852407ffdc0.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...