HELP need an ID pls

Holly

I don't remember seeing these this morning, but right now there are TWO of them:eek: in very shady spots, both about 2"L. I'd really like to hear that they're lovely dark shrooms ..but.. I might be crazy, but it seems like they might be slowly moving... ?? PLEASE tell me it's at least a nice reef-safe slug. (scary)

Those are the best pics I could get of them since they're in dark spots. They look very dark purple, almost black.

post-266-141867767112_thumb.jpg

post-266-141867767114_thumb.jpg

Out of absolute FEAR of the unknown, I plucked them both out of the tank before they could get away. They were moving behind the rocks and I had to do it now or miss the chance.

I used tongs to remove them, which unfortunately ripped open their backs a tad, which prob means death is imminent. Couldn't be helped. OOPS if they're good, but I was freaking out.

BTW they flattened out and were sticking to those rocks with a deathgrip. Hard to get them off.

I have them in a little cup of salt water until I get a verdict on the ID.

They're definitely nudis of some kind, black not purple. Oh god PLEASE tell me they aren't horrible, because if I have two big ones, I probably have a thousand more in there somewhere. (scary) *fingers crossed*

post-266-141867736735_thumb.jpg

Yeah, hard shell on back. But the tongs kinda tore the mantle a little around the shell. :( (The one on top, in the photo, is the worst. The other one underneath isn't torn so much).

They seem to be moving around the cup OK so maybe I should just put them back in the tank....?

Dangit, I was trying to be safe rather than sorry. DOH!