reef sand

LadySaber

I used Nature Ocean for my head board and it has worked out well for the last 5 or so years,I have also used Caribsea in the past as well and it was fine. My favorite though is the stuff that comes in different grades bulk in large 100 pound white plastic sacs, obviously for a nano this is unacceptable unless some one local sells it bulk. If you were closer I would hook you up with enough for a nano but being at such a distance this would also not be plausible.

They enjoy finer sand but can create storms when excited about a new cave. It settles out though.You can also provide filtration for the sand particles. Just give them pebbles or they will take your coral frags for building supplies. I've kept Diamond gobies in oolite (super fine sand) as well as the 'kitty litter' style of sand. They go after the finer sand with more vigor. I think the larger pieces hurt their mouths as it has to pass past their gills so they go through it with a lot more care. I like how it looks coming out with the oolite personally even if it doesn't hurt them. Cover the tank. Make sure there are no holes bigger than a pin. They can launch themselves with impressive momentum.

LOL yeah 100 lbs might be alittle much.. but on the other hand I still have a 30 gallon sitting on my floor waiting :D  Im thinking of this

CaribSea Arag-Alive 20-Pound Special Grade Reef Sand, Fiji Pink. Edited by LadySaber

The large bags I get are brought in to my local fish store by a guy who deals almost solely in rocks. We all call him Doug the Rock Man. He is an older gentleman who comes by the local fish stores in Oregon and drops of cases of base rock, Texas holy rock, lace rock, grape woods, spider woods, and Malaysian bog woods and some times so real odd ball stuff. Really cool guy but he is about ready to retire and is becoming increasingly difficult to get ahold of. Where he gets it I am unsure but it must be one of the same sources most other places get it just bulk.

What size where you looking at? I can see what I have left over or I can grab some from the LFS at about .75cents a pound.