Candidates for elections

I have been considering whether to post this for several days. I have been trying to decide if it could be a worthwhile and effective post or not and decided it may be (if nothing else) an encouragement to join in.

Throughout the past year, there have been some significant hurdles to overcome. Major issues included the new leadership stepping into positions with little to no previous financial or other business records being available, the site being crashed, and the initial replacement site being inadequate. Additionally, there have been person-to-person issues that have popped up as well.

During this year, your leadership team has always done their best to continue improving the club. Obviously we can never appease everyone, but we've always had the intention of bettering the club. Just 6 months ago, the club participation was fledgling at a couple posts per week. Currently, we are back at roughly 30,000 page views/week (pre-crash levels), there are more paid sponsors than before, new membership is continuing to climb, and our club has had some stellar meetings with awesome speakers.

With all that being said, there has also been a pretty continuous stream of criticism. Don't get me wrong, CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is one thing. But the consistent passive aggressive, unproductive complaining, and overall detrimental attitudes have been an ongoing problem for some members.

With all that complaining, one would think there would be people lining up to enter into leadership positions. However, as was anticipated, no one wants to step into these positions and enact whatever changes they think should happen. This is why I appreciate members who (while they may disagree with things) don't complain because they simply appreciate the time involved for those making the decisions.

If people really thought their suggestions were worthwhile, I would highly recommend running for a position and then making good on those changes. I just find it so ironic that after a year of complaining, no one wants to actually get involved and do something. I really want to encourage people to not only voice their opinions, but more importantly, join in and turn those opinions into positive action.

Either way, I'm grateful for the support that we have received, appreciative of the constructive criticism, and hopeful for the future of the club. As always, I'll catch you at the next meeting! :) Feel free to self nominate if you'd like. Thank you all.

• Like 2

Well said man it's sad that we can only get two new members to step up do something they believe in. Don't be scared people just dring the edit button back and you will have easy year of planing meets and talking reef with every one.

I'm not sure when the positions are going to be voted on but I'm waiting one more week to decide if I would like to run or not. That being said we don't get to choose if we get a position it's elected from our peers. 1,2,3rd then accept the vote. If it needs to be done before next Friday I can't do it this year. Good luck to those of you going for president! I still vote John! He should have been vp like stated months ago but I just recently found out that he is not vp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Officer position nomination ends before that, but the board positions will still be open. This might be your year to get elected, thus far there is minimal interest in running for club leadership, not even candidates for 3/5 of the spots.

Officer position nomination ends before that, but the board positions will still be open. This might be your year to get elected, thus far there is minimal interest in running for club leadership, not even candidates for 3/5 of the spots.

You make it sound like I couldn't get elected any other year. Thanks for the confidence.

During this year, your leadership team has always done their best to continue improving the club. Obviously we can never appease everyone, but we've always had the intention of bettering the club. Just 6 months ago, the club participation was fledgling at a couple posts per week. Currently, we are back at roughly 30,000 page views/week (pre-crash levels), there are more paid sponsors than before, new membership is continuing to climb, and our club has had some stellar meetings with awesome speakers.

^ That's a pretty awesome achievement!  I know it's not said enough so, Great Job!

• Like 3

You make it sound like I couldn't get elected any other year. Thanks for the confidence.

Sorry if you felt like I was trying to insult you, I was not. I just know you have been interested in being an officer for many years and the last 4 or 5 (whatever it was) elections did not work out for you.

No disrespect was intended.