one year

Holly

This month is the 1-yr anniversary of the set-up of our VERY FIRST saltwater tank (180g)! To celebrate, I went by Fanta-Seas and got some new frags and a few fish. This is the first new stuff in a long while. This first year, we've had crashes and traumas, and this is the freakin' most expensive hobby on earth, but I still love it long time (naughty) :D

It occurred to me that I should be attending a reef-tank-12-step-program instead of buying more stuff (whistle) ..We got 2 more zoos, Acan Lord, red Gonioporia, a small school of gr chromis and a Guiness-Book-of-World-Records-TINY regal tang. We're now up to about a dozen softies, 6 LPS, and 1 lonely SPS (twisty orange capricornis). :D

I tried to take some pics of the tank but I'm no photographer (obviously!). The Lord pic was under actinic only so it looks weird but it person the frag looks great and I love it! :D Thanks Patrick!!!(cheer)

And thanks to all the folks here who're so nice and helpful all the time!!!(fish)

post-266-141867767028_thumb.jpg

post-266-141867767032_thumb.jpg

post-266-141867767033_thumb.jpg

post-266-141867767035_thumb.jpg

post-266-141867767036_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone! :D

Here are the "before" pics in this order:

July06 (abt 1mos)

August06

Sept06

Nov06

Mar07

In October 06 we crashed and lost almost everything. We drained the tank, got rid of DSB, and started over (now 1-2"SB). So Nov & Mar were after it was set back up.

:D

PS Today I looked behind my tank for the first time in months, and I saw two nerite snails and one shriveled fish back there :eek: The only fish that's disappeared was my dottyback neon so that must be it (sad) I didn't know they were jumpers...

post-266-141867736372_thumb.jpg

post-266-141867736373_thumb.jpg

post-266-141867736375_thumb.jpg

post-266-141867736376_thumb.jpg

post-266-141867736377_thumb.jpg

I saved the same pic as Sept and Nov! OOPS my bad.

The kids have been crawling all over me.. I'm lucky I can even type !

Patrick pretty-much did the aquascaping the second time. I told him when I liked how things looked, but he did it. I didn't know to try for caves, etc., being a newbie... I learned a lot watching him.

This is the tank now, pic taken today

(I also got the orange tile star yesterday) :D

post-266-141867736378_thumb.jpg

post-266-14186773638_thumb.jpg

post-266-141867736382_thumb.jpg

That first zoo pic - I got that yesterday

The second one I've had.. the gramma's always lived under it

(I know it's just personification on my part, but I wonder why it is that some fish seem to have "personalities" and some just seem to be fish. I love the cardinals and chromis, but they don't seem to have the same something that the hawkfish, gobies, and gramma have. Maybe my assc with "personality" is related to levels of aggression..)

ok.. .enough pics... :D

Everyone have a great weekend!

post-266-141867736384_thumb.jpg

post-266-141867736386_thumb.jpg

TY for the correction Nyles! I definitely want to be corrected when I have incorrect names for things...

Congrats Tidal- I hope you plan to post photos! I'd love to see before and after. Your tank has the dubious honor of celebrating it's one-year on Pam Anderson's 40th bday :D

It's also the day Michael Landon died of cancer in 1991. Did you know that he smoked four packs a day and was survived by nine children? :eek: I always thought Landon seemed like an interesting character.

(I only know this stuff cuz July 1 is my bday too. And I'm clearly showing my age by talking about Michael Landon (whistle)) I'm just FULL of random, useless information... (bored)

:)