Purple tang

old salt

So I have had my purple tang for little over a year and he has been a very happy and healthy dude. I just noticed that he is looking a bit pale, like a ptco fish or the fish you see in Dr's office's. He eats well both SA dry and a regular helping of sea weed from his chip clip. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

I drop in a few frozen treats a week not rods but mysis. I feel like it's a low stress environment with good nutrition and that's why it's so puzzling to me.

If it look funny to you then there is something you are not doing right. Get some good food LRS herbivore frenzy is what I use and will never use anything else. And if it looks like a petco fish then it's not getting the proper nutrition it need. You can get LRS from cuttlefish and coral.

For me it was an easy fix. I came home from work with a deep cut in my hand, I changed my filter socks out later that night and the cut got a tingly feeling. I shut everything down and checked all the cords at the base of fhe pumps. Sure enough I found a pump with a frayed cord. I replaced the pump, and turned everything back on. Next morning my purple was back to its normal color and swimming without a care in the world. Don't go cutting your hand to test for voltage. I know there's better ways to do so. Google will help as far as how to test. Good luck.