Conservation Leaders Network

Chief

This is an e-mail that I received from Peg Reagan. Peg got my information when I attended the discussion on Oregon's Oceans a couple of months ago. They are trying to set up Marine Reserves off of the Oregon Coast. Here is the e-mail.

Hi everyone. I am contacting you because I understand you are interested in helping to protect Oregon’s marine environment. On Friday, June 29 the Ocean Policy Advisory Council’s Marine Reserves Working Group (MRWG) will be holding a meeting in Corvallis from 10 to 3 at the LaSells Stewart Center on the OSU Campus. They were just given clear direction from the Governor’s Office and will be devoting their next two meetings to determining the criteria for marine reserves. The Governor has outlined a process whereby the public will be able to nominate locations for consideration as natural heritage reserves IF they meet the criteria the MRWG develops. So it is important that you take advantage of this opportunity to provide input. I think the public comment period is from 1 to 1:30.

I can send more information, including the Governor’s direction to the MRWG and details of the agenda of their meeting on the 29th, and we can discuss talking points if you wish.

They rarely hold meetings in your area—I hope you can attend and speak out. Please give me a call. I will be available the rest of today, Thursday from 10 to 4 and then on Monday from 8 to noon. My phone number is 541 XXX-XXXX. Thanks. Peg

Peg Reagan

Executive Director

Conservation Leaders Network

PO Box XX

Wedderburn OR 97491

541 XXX-XXXX

www.conservationleaders.org

Please PM me if you would like Peg's Phone Number. Here is more information on Oregon Ocean.

I have a prior commitment on June 29th. If someone would like to attend, please do. It would be good if a representative of our club was in attendance. Let me know if you are interested.

Jay