Dehumidifier recommendations. Pretty please!

BeasileyBub

Does anyone have any recommendations for a dehumidifier. I believe mine is an RGA but the compressor is starting to go out...... I also dropped it the last time I was moving so the frame is all broken and duct taped together. In additional to it not automatically shutting off when it starts overflowing due to a broken sensor. Long story short it is on its last leg. You folks I am sure have great product reviews. Please and thank you.  :flowers:

Here is my experience with a 50 pint kenmore. The one I have is not on the recall list. I had it for about 3 or 4 years. This is what happen to me the first year I own it. I bought it with a warranty from sear. It work great when I had it running. The warm months arrived and I put it up. When winter rolled in, the dehumidifier came out. I started it and it made a horrible noise. I sent it to sears and they fixed with no questions. It has been working fine since then. I am not saying kenmore is the best but If they offer a warrenty, you should probably get one for a less a year. My dehumidifier does have wheels, so no lifting is needed. You may want to check out consumer report magazines at the library (I know beaverton main library has them). It might help if no one else gives you any good recommendations.

I've had the 50 pint Kenmore for four winters.  Each winter I use it for about 3-4 months.  This winter the little sensor for it being full keeps kicking on and off even though it's not full.  It still works just as fine, but I feel like overall it switches on and off much more.  It would probably only take bending the little metal sensor to make sure that it gets pushed back all the way when the bucket is inserted.  I'm definitely satisfied with it's ability to function.  It keeps an area of about 600 square feet totally dry without even going to it's driest setting.

Kenmore sounds legitimate. My poor dehumidifier is just falling apart. It's kind of sad... But they are just so expensive. But I have a serious weeping window issue that is creating mold along my window sills. Thanks for the recommendations.

Considering the damage that breathing mold can cause, a dehumidifier is pretty cheap. My wife has a terrible reaction whenever there is black mold present.

• 2 weeks later...