New site questions

reefnjunkie

Are they even reading this?

Yes, the BOD and Officers still read the forum. 

After points were brought up here, and in other threads a new threads the Officers and BOD had a very long discussion about the decisions that had been made and what if any changes were needed to benefit the club as a whole. The results of that conversation were posted by Andrew. Instead of having the discussion in multiple threads Andrew started a new one, hoping it would be more visible to everyone and not get lost. I guess we should have posted a link to that thread in this thread as well. 

Here it is:

http://www.pnwmas.org/topic/33494-forum-editing-issue/

Regarding specifically your thread from the 24th not being closed, who did you ask to close it? I don't have any PM's or notifications from you. If I had I would have written and told you that we are no longer closing threads for those reasons. Your thread is a perfect example of one of the reasons not to. You posted the fish were sold, and the thread died. No one has posted in it since. The matter closes itself. Let's use your thread as an example again, and just pretend for a minute that maybe the one you sold the fish to wanted to come back on and say thank you, and they are doing well. Should they not be able to do that?  There is no harm in it that we have seen since the change over. 

I think editing is also going to stay the way it is. Just this week we had two different people abuse the edit feature in deliberate attempts to cause problems. It does suck that just a few people ruin it for so many, but that is the way it is. I wish it were different too. But after 8 years as volunteering as a moderator for this forum, this seems like the best solution we have tried so far to stop reoccurring problems. 

If there were a workable software solution to circumvent it we would look into it, but currently, there is not. 

The BOD and Officers are going to continue volunteering our time to make this free to use forum as user friendly for all of the users we can. We hope you continue to enjoy using it.

Yes, the BOD and Officers still read the forum. 

After points were brought up here, and in other threads a new threads the Officers and BOD had a very long discussion about the decisions that had been made and what if any changes were needed to benefit the club as a whole. The results of that conversation were posted by Andrew. Instead of having the discussion in multiple threads Andrew started a new one, hoping it would be more visible to everyone and not get lost. I guess we should have posted a link to that thread in this thread as well. 

Here it is:

http://www.pnwmas.org/topic/33494-forum-editing-issue/

Regarding specifically your thread from the 24th not being closed, who did you ask to close it? I don't have any PM's or notifications from you. If I had I would have written and told you that we are no longer closing threads for those reasons. Your thread is a perfect example of one of the reasons not to. You posted the fish were sold, and the thread died. No one has posted in it since. The matter closes itself. Let's use your thread as an example again, and just pretend for a minute that maybe the one you sold the fish to wanted to come back on and say thank you, and they are doing well. Should they not be able to do that?  There is no harm in it that we have seen since the change over. 

I think editing is also going to stay the way it is. Just this week we had two different people abuse the edit feature in deliberate attempts to cause problems. It does suck that just a few people ruin it for so many, but that is the way it is. I wish it were different too. But after 8 years as volunteering as a moderator for this forum, this seems like the best solution we have tried so far to stop reoccurring problems. 

If there were a workable software solution to circumvent it we would look into it, but currently, there is not. 

The BOD and Officers are going to continue volunteering our time to make this free to use forum as user friendly for all of the users we can. We hope you continue to enjoy using it.

Can you post examples of the abuse of the edit function?

I didn't ask a specific MOD to close the thread.  I just posted that the fish were sold and asked the MODS to please close.  This has worked in other forums and even this one before the changes.  But in the end, it's not a big deal.

Fish are sold. Thanks OIAB!

MODS- Thread can be closed.

I do see your point regarding allowing someone to follow up in the thread etc.  That makes enough sense to me.  

I guess I am still hung up on the loss of the editing function.  In my other for sale thread, I still have people PM me and ask for things that are sold because its just too cumbersome to read the the whole thread to find out.  I get that some people have used the edit function incorrectly, and see the point that it can cause more trouble than good, but I do wish it were back for the sake of cleaning up the classifieds.  Ohh well, I can live with it as is.