Marshall Islands Yellow Lantana Monti -drooler

Mandinga

We could go in on this bad boy, I have though about ordering it myself.

Yes, good idea. group buy

I did a little more research, and alot of people claim them brown out very easy, which makes sense. Still would be worth a shot, and have faith in one's reef!

Given the color, yeah, amber pigments can brown out easily under certain conditions.  Here is my understanding of why/how this happens, hopefully it will help if you do run into this issue!

Too much 620-660nm orange/red will brown out most 580-620nm flourescent pigments, the worst is 660nm +/-10nm as it increases zooxanthellae production with no increased flourescent pigments.  Most decent warm whites move their "red balance" from 660nm towards 600nm.  MH and T5 don't have as large of issue with this as they have a parasitic 560-580ish spike of green/yellow which helps crank up the "yellow/orange/red" FP's.

LED wise, most people have a TON of red from cool white, red diodes, or Purple T5's which is a blue with a Red spike versus true 420-430nm purple.  The red helps grow the coral but color takes a hit, this is the basis of the 10/14k versus 20k debate on coral growth/coloration.

• Like 1