reef165

I'm not sure on what topic to put this under so I put it here, it says I have 3 messages, but when I open the message page all that comes up is 3 flagged reports, that I'm not otherised to see, can someone fix that? Also the message page doesn't fully open, it is a small column on the right side, not a full page, and all the words are stacked on top one another.

Thanks, Eddie

• Like 2

Huh, that's weird. I will look into today if no one else can. I'm not sure if I can find a solution, everyone with moderator powers gets the same reports. It has been on the list to fix for a bit, but I didn't know that people outside of the moderator user group were having the same problems.

What browser are you using? What type of device are you using?

I also get notifications of any flagged threads that I have posted in. Doesn't let me open them to see what was flagged but it does show that there are flags. I am unable to delete them or mark them as read.

The way V Bulletin seems to have it set right now is that if you are a moderator of any forum on the site then you receive the flagged reports. Since you are a mod of the The Premium Aquarium Forum, then you receive the flagged posts for all forums. There does not appear to be a way to change this that I have found. Questions to VBulletin on the subject appear to go back to March but it does not appear that they have added any ways to manage the flagged report settings.

I'm not sure on what topic to put this under so I put it here, it says I have 3 messages, but when I open the message page all that comes up is 3 flagged reports, that I'm not otherised to see, can someone fix that? Also the message page doesn't fully open, it is a small column on the right side, not a full page, and all the words are stacked on top one another.

Thanks, Eddie

I'm assuming you're using your phone vertically? Try flipping it sideways as the horizontal view is better configured for this site.

The way V Bulletin seems to have it set right now is that if you are a moderator of any forum on the site then you receive the flagged reports. Since you are a mod of the The Premium Aquarium Forum, then you receive the flagged posts for all forums. There does not appear to be a way to change this that I have found. Questions to VBulletin on the subject appear to go back to March but it does not appear that they have added any ways to manage the flagged report settings.

I'm getting the flagged reports as well so that doesn't make much sense. Never been a mod of the forums.

Chief,

I just sent you a test PM. Let me know if you get it.

i got the pmf3b7982c2208d34ef154cb4272172175.jpg

But it is still trying to load the phantom pm.

You can see where it says "2 conversations" but only has one listed. This happened after I deleted nearly 2000 pm from when I was an admin in 2012.

Jay

I have trouble with PM stuff as well...Im probably just using it wrong but when I click on inbox nothing comes up not even old messages. I can' date=' however, click on sent messages and see those.[/quote']

Ninja, I sent you a PM. If you don't get it, try sending me one. If there is a chance that it is just an understanding of the new software problem let's set up a time to meet in the chat room here so I can try to walk you through all of it.

I can't delete them, look at them, nothing. Doesn't really bother me to much, just a nuances, and thought you should know.

I do appreciate you letting us know. I'd like to get all the annoying stuff out of the way too. I spent quite a bit of time on it. Based on info from V-Buletin there is not much else to be done, so if you are still seeing them, they might stick around for a bit. If we are going to migrate to the new software/server it's no use spending another 8 hours on this if it is not affecting the use of the site beyond being annoying.

If anyone else would like to look into it, please feel free. I'd be happy to look at and try out anything you find. I just can't find a solution that I haven't already tried.

But it is still trying to load the phantom pm.

You can see where it says "2 conversations" but only has one listed. This happened after I deleted nearly 2000 pm from when I was an admin in 2012.

You have probably already done this, but have you tried clearing your cache? PM's on taptalk are pretty spotty. I've had some not show up for a few days. Unfortunately there is really nothing we can do at this time to make taptalk work better with the software we upgraded too. I wish I had a better answer for you.

Again if anyone wants to look into this besides me and can find a solution I'd be happy to try it out. Otherwise I think we're just gonna have to resign ourselves to this is what we have to work with until a migration to a new software/server can be accomplished.