Corey's 50 gallon rimless mixed reef

Cor4eyh

I finally got fed up enough to take care of the cable situation. It started to go downhill when I got the apex, then I got a module, and another module, and controllers for the jebao etc etc etc. so reorganized and all on the back of the ATO container. Excited for the new Kessil to get here. I will post an after photo tomorrow.

Cable mess before

571148afd7dbe89b0aaa3a01452c39c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL I know right? Believe it or not under all those cables is 1 eb8 1 eb4 and a battery backup surge protector. I spent a good 3 hours cleaning it and organizing it. It was like 3am when I finished. But am feeling much better about it. Now it's easy to remove the 4 main components that need cleaning every now and the .

Yeah but the zip ties are cheap and if you set it up right you don't need to take it apart.... :unsure:

That's probably true, but I found those Velcro things for heck cheap and they're all reusable. But it works and is much neater now! Now if only I had a really big tank with more than enough room! Lol

you may set it up right.... but things fail, and you may still have to remove the ties.... velcro is your cable management friend!! big fat strips work great on carpet for temp pathways as well.

So true!

• 4 months later...

Hey guys as I'm sure a few had seen my posts about building a new stand I've nearly complete the setup now new stand is in its final home everything is hooked up and running.

All my corals managed to make it through the 2 months in a Rubbermaid and then back to the tank, got my dozers full and am finishing hooking up my reactors.

The only coral not so happy is the green star polyps they've been dormant for about a week, hopefully they come back out soon.

2e45dbb9e9dba3f1925a1af020b52ffa.jpgfa2242445e20a33307bf8eb4114434cc.jpg

And my aquascap as of today, it's sad not having very many fish but dory has really become fond of me now, she used to hid every time I got near the tank cd3cb3579a486a94f7cd5d1a271984ba.jpgdcbd4a7ed1f7a865d7372690a04d12c4.jpg177dbeb2bf20a9aaf45dcef18a125a63.jpgb87e7a7943543e18c65cade7955874f0.jpg