Successful BB Nano

Twitterbait

My Nano has been doing very well so i figured i would share some pictures with ya'll

10g custom acrylic tank

Aqua C Remora w/Maxi Jet 1200

25w gen-x crystal heater

Seio 620?

150w DE MH 20k ushio bulb, generic e-ballast

Mixed SPS/LPS tank, No softies.

When i began this tank my corals were being babysat by a few reefing buddies. many of them had not been in the best situation so i had a lot of die off and recession.

I also had a few corals bump into each other and had a few wars but now everything is coming back.

post-29-141867766893_thumb.jpg

post-29-141867766925_thumb.jpg

post-29-141867766932_thumb.jpg

post-29-141867766936_thumb.jpg

post-29-141867766939_thumb.jpg

Since it is only 10g and i have 150w burning over it i have a icecap fan blowing when the light is on. i only refill once every 3 days or so. it rarely gets any algae and it is quickly solved with a 20% WC.

because it is BB i can actually let the alk and cal slide a little more than a SSB or DSB since it is only there for uptake by the corals. the corals are small enough so far that the WC keeps everything fine. when the get bigger i will move on to baked baking soda and lab grade calcium (not sure which type, need to find my old thread on TRT).

the best part is cleanup, i just start a siphon into a filter sock in a 5g bucket and then suck all the crud up. total cleanup in about 5 min. i have only had to scrape algae off the walls twice.

Guest Mbeef61

so how do you know BB makes the water clearer....everyone says it doesnt look like i even have water....is it from the reflection on the bottom