Rent-A-Hare

Tuduku

I have a seahare that has now eaten himself out of house and home. I want to see if anyone who is having an algae problem wants to borrow him. He will absolutely devour hair algae. In less than 10 days my 30g tank went from green jungle to bare LR. If you have other types of algae he will go after GHA first, then anything else.

$20 deposit refunded on return.

Frag donation also warmly welcomed.

Before

imag0718p.jpg

After

imag0721e.jpg

It sounds as if there are others in need of this more than I' date=' besides I may have one being sent to me this Thursday[/quote']

Make sure you put him directly onto the hair algae, use a stick if you have to. Even in a 55 gallon they will wander for days without discovering it!!! That was my experience at least. I would just move the guy from patch to patch and he devoured the stuff.

don't place it right next to the algae during lighted hours' date=' they will run and hide until nighttime. Also they can disappear under your sand, I'm not sure how he does it... He is the size of a tennis ball but lays under my 1.5" sand bed.[/quote']

Ok, so this makes me wonder if mine is still around. I picked one up from TPA a few weeks back and he was very out in the open for a couple days and then I never saw him again... couldn't find a body, no ammonia spike, no sign he was ever there and with my light stocking there's no way a carcus could have been eaten

i bought one from garrett a couple months ago and worked awesome on one of my nanos. got rid of him to somone else and now the crap is back. picked up another one a few days ago and he hasnt eatin any of it yet. hope he starts aquiring a taste for it soon. garrett told me they feed then Nori so that could be why they dont go for it right away. be like eating steak to pork and beans