oceanic ultimate 156 build ????

cederrowe

As some of you know my new oceanic build wasn't planned. My tru vu hazed and cracked all of a sudden. I had to wedge boards against a wall to.save my house as the tank was letting go. I picked up the tank without planning my filtration system. This tank isnt drilled yet and I had to transfer livestock and rock.

#1? Do I got to a overflow box setup? If so I have never been down that road.

#2 do I let water out and drill bulkheads in back for a "bean animal" setup? Is it on to drill from inside out when partial filled?

Thanks for any suggestions.

As some of you know my new oceanic build wasn't planned. My tru vu hazed and cracked all of a sudden. I had to wedge boards against a wall to.save my house as the tank was letting go. I picked up the tank without planning my filtration system. This tank isnt drilled yet and I had to transfer livestock and rock.

#1? Do I got to a overflow box setup? If so I have never been down that road.

#2 do I let water out and drill bulkheads in back for a "bean animal" setup? Is it on to drill from inside out when partial filled?

Thanks for any suggestions.

It's glass right? No way would I ever drill glass with water in it. The weight of the water can cause even more pressure on the walls. Also it's very easy to shatter it while drilling, and glass will end up in the water for sure. I'd find a tank to temp house your fish and livestock, drain the tank, drill it, and then put everything together. If you need help let me know. I live off Telford at the top of the hill. Bean animal is an awesome setup if your worried about noise. If not and overflow box is quick and easy.