Wtb skimmer

Jeffreyg

My luck hasn't been to great this week my skimmer pump broke ! So I'm looking for a in sump skimmer . Something for like a 50 gallon . I have cash but also have some stuff to trade if it would help frags led panel if you need blue this panel would be great the whites are out for some reason . Lmk what you have !!

I have a diy skimmer - needs a pump. Worked really well for my old 120g. I can throw in a mag 5. I don't have a venturi for it though. You can have it for a future frag trade but I can't get it to you right now. I'm in Montana for at least another day or so. If you just need a pump the mag 5 is on the table.

Well I have no idea what happened to it . Skimming like crazy having to dump the cup every two days . Then yesterday I opened my cabinet and its overflowing the cup with water . I decided to take it out and run vinegar . The impeller was clogged up . In the mean time I broke the male female fitting the hooks to the skimmer no biggie I'm glue master . Pump is running just weak . So I decided to join up that octopus pump that's a pin wheel pump switched the Venturi from the old pump . Something's funny . Because it doesn't seem like it has enough pressure to pull air through the Venturi . As much as I like to glue stuff I don't want to try gluing the whole skimmer body looking for a leak .. So maybe when you get back you can take a look at it or something . Im lost . I guess we will see how the sps does without a skimmer . So frustrating !!!

Did you try plugging it into a different outlet? 2 pumps can't be broken. Pull them apart and put them back together again.

How about making sure the venturi is in the proper place? I don't think you are stupid, it is just easy to overlook - and I am squinting from like 1500 miles away...

Be prepared to change 10% water everyday until it is fixed.

Thanks dsoz ill let u know . I been meaning to pm you about the rock but my build is going slow . I just siliconed a leak it had ill let it cure and give it another go . Other wise its going in the street !! Thanks for your offer though . It's not that they don't work . The one the skimmer came with was weak so I ran vinegar through it . Cheap pump ! So I had a octopus pump that had a cracked skimmer body and the pump was salvaged . I dug it out and that's when I cracked the adapter so after the glue settles ill try again . The skimmers only a month old and really just broke in . Before that all my tanks were skimmerless . Besides the stinky skimmate . Growth slowed colors faded . So I don't know what I'm freaking out about ..

Thanks dsoz ill let u know . I been meaning to pm you about the rock but my build is going slow . I just siliconed a leak it had ill let it cure and give it another go . .

No problem. I did have someone send me a PM about all the man-made concrete rock, but they have not gotten back to me. I do need to get rid of the rock fairly soon. I just disconnected the skimmer from the tank full of "real" rock, so there is only one powerhead moving water around the tank. The sooner it gets back into a running tank the better it will be. Call me soon.

dsoz

Try flushing the air inlet with fresh water. The air and saltwater mixture can build up salt crystals and its good to take a cup of ro water and let the air hose suck it out of the cup to blast the salt build up once a week. I would also clean the cup thoroughly every week and dry the tube before the cup to allow skim to stick easily.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy SII