Aquarium Science Student

reefstudent

Hi all,

I am new to this and would like to introduce myself.

I am going to college for a degree in Aquarium Science and will be soon graduating in March. I am from the Midwest and new to the Northwest. I had a marine biology/ aquarium science program in high school and that sparked my interest in tropical marine fish and invertebrates. Moving to Oregon for school was much different because we set up all the aquariums. I am very interested in corals and marine fish, but we are very limited at the college. I want to make our "coral tank" that has a few frags of Kenya tree corals and some Anthelia, into a tank with some hard corals because we have really nice lights on there that we could get the corals to grow in.

With that being said if anyone would be willing to donate any corals to our classroom for future education that would be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Michaela

If they were donations to the program I would definitely go up there. Im in Newport so not too far away. Im going to be doing a coral frag tank soon' date=' but sadly we dont really have any corals.[/quote']

What are you looking for as far as hard corals? Lps? Sps? I could probably get you some monti capricornus, chalices some acros

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk

I have only worked with softies so I am looking to work with both LPS and SPS. I really like acros and would like to have some of those. Really anything I could get would be amazing.

Well I have a lot of reefers coming to my house this Friday. I could see if people want to donate?

Can you make it up here then?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk