wayer prams part 2

Re_Run

okay what am I doing wrong?

brought the calcium reactor on line.. now cal is dropping and alk is going up

what do I adjust

went 480 then 460 440 today alk 11, 11.5, now 12

do I increase to co2 bubbles * at about 1-2 per sec. or open the drip line more?

mag about 1380 +- 20

thanks

You always adjust your calcium reactor based off you alk consumption never you calcium. You want to dial the reactor in so your alk is stable. Once your alk is sable then your calcium will follow.

Do you have a ph controller?

Your gonna want your effluent rate at a broken stream. Once you have your effluent rate set, then go ahead and slowly increase your co2 rate until your alk seems stable. Start with a slow bubble count and test every 24h. Make very small adjustments each time.

so just tested my water

and great results.. (for the most part) adjusted per the artical

calcium back to 480-500 sample changed at 480 then change back about 10sec later then added a drop then change again and stayed

tank ph right at 8.3

Effluent ph 7.1-7.2

bad news alk went to 14.. doing 15% water change right now..

mag is right at 1400

this is driving me nuts but I will get it

will update after water change

Aragonite media is normally run at 6.5-6.7 and should not drop bellow 6.5. If it were to drop bellow 6.5 there is a good chance of the media turning into mud.

Now if you are using calcite media this requires a lower pH and could be as low as 6.3.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Effluent ph 7.1-7.2

Your Effluent must be below 6.5 to burn the media or you are doing nothing but adding co2 to the tank.

Not so much...the media will start to dissolve at a ph below 7.4. I used to run a ph inside my reactor around 7.0-6.8 and kept the effluent higher.

If your calcium is rises that high in 24h then your making big adjustments. Like I said earlier you need to set your effluent rate at a broken steam and SLOWLY add co2. Start with a bubble every 3 sec, wait 24h then test YOUR alk not calcium and see where it's at. If your alk dropped then increase the bubble count a little higher maybe try a bubble every 1.5 sec. You will soon find a bubble count that maintains your ALK. Once your find that number set you ph controller and leave it alone.

If your calcium is rises that high in 24h then your making big adjustments. Like I said earlier you need to set your effluent rate at a broken steam and SLOWLY add co2. Start with a bubble every 3 sec' date=' wait 24h then test YOUR alk not calcium and see where it's at. If your alk dropped then increase the bubble count a little higher maybe try a bubble every 1.5 sec. You will soon find a bubble count that maintains your ALK. Once your find that number set you ph controller and leave it alone.[/quote']

100% spot on there, it can take a week to dial it in but once your there your golden. I dont even test Ca anymore, just the KH.

It can be frustrating but follow Chris' direction- I also have media that melts at a high PH, carab seas A.R.M. melts at 7.5 as an example

Good luck