It's back...

albertareef

.... Lowman's old 120 gal is up and running again in it's new home thanks to much help from Bob, Austin and Patrick. Didn't change much but did combine most of his existing livestock with the inhabitants of my old 90 gal low-light reef which had been up and running for about 6 years. When I tore it down, I discovered the front seam (acrylic) had split about half-way along the top edge.... just in time!

Current livestock includes, Sohal, Kohl, and Scopas tangs, clown, neon and nanoreef gobies, lawnmower blenny, dragonet, potters and coral beauty angels, scribbled rabbit, six line wrasse, a couple of chromis and numerous coral, anemonies, clam, crabs snails etc., etc. Amazinigly, everybody is currently getting along!

Still need to get the Ca reactor up and running and tweak the seascape but it's running!

I will try and follow up with some macro shots once I dig out my tripod but this gives an impression anyway.

post-511-141867766443_thumb.jpg

post-511-141867766447_thumb.jpg

post-511-141867766768_thumb.jpg

post-511-14186776678_thumb.jpg

post-511-141867766782_thumb.jpg

Thanks! Yep... I'm feeling pretty luck not to have not lost the whole lot all over my livingroom floor - especially since almost everything in the 120 was crammed into my old tank for 2 weeks while I was getting it put back together..... would have been ugly!

Hey Bob - yep, the Potter's is doing fine... he is a great looking fish! Everyone from your old tank has acclimated really well. I did have to rescue the clown Gobie from the overflow in my old tank when I tore it down but he still doing well. Still can't believe all the tangs are getting along... I guess the body types are just different enough that they don't perceive each other as a threat. It's all surprisingly peaceful.... I will keep my fingers crossed!

• 5 weeks later...
wow absolutly gorgeous ....are the tangs still doing well together?

Thanks! Yep - the tangs still get along great. The Potter's angel will chase the Coral beauty every once in a while and the Sohal will try and play tag with the Rabbit fish on occasion but nothing too threatening. Welcome to the site - hope your tank is coming along well. Did you post any pics yet?

• 1 year later...
That anemone is my biggest regret' date=' getting rid of it that is. It is so beautiful, and it may be one of the only remaining desendants of the famous Saltwater Fanta-seas anemone that sadly has gone to the great toilet bowl in the sky. Or so I've heard.[/quote']

Yeah - I think you may be right. I don't remember seeing it there for quite a while. At least one of it's offspring is still live and kick'n (fingers)