seeing it for real

reeferscooter

Black Rock is a great little spot but there's always a lot of people there (It's on the beach at the Sheridan In the Kaanapali Resort area) I was told last year that it's mating season for the Spotted Eagle Ray after seeing two (on consecutive days) swim directly under me there.

There's another great spot not far from there.. Honolua Bay, just head north on the highway out of Lahaina. Once you're past all the resorts and such look for a paved parking area on the left, it's right on the road, and you're there. Not as much coral as places like Turtle Beach but there's more fish diversity than you'll see at Molokini (mostly black tangs... lots and lots of Black Tangs) or Black Rock

No not my first time but I love seeing them. I am looking at doing a dive or two while I am here. I have been a certified diver since I was 12, so almost 15 years now. I will defidently be checking out this places everyone is recommending. Here on my honeymoon so I don't get to spend all my time in the water this time. I would love to go to jamica. I also want to make the red sea and great barrier reef at least once. Should do pnwmas dive trip.

samre here indo reefs, and south pacific are dreams of mine, jamaica has beautiful beaches but a sad life on the land, not even a single stop sign on the island. first time i saw slums as a kid true like cardboard slums. airports on one side of island and all the resorts on the other so its an hour death ride with not a single stop sign or stop light just honking as the enter intersections, and starving cows on the side of the road, then you get to the resort where they tride to hide the poverty. that was an expierence ill remember. but on a side note huge like 3' trumpet fish hunting acros was incredible i called them flute fish haha

my dad and mom went on a second honeymoon shortly after i there youngest was born to fiji, that was about 18 years ago and eveytime i bring up the ocean my dad retells me the same stories of diving there with sharks haha heard it about 10,000 times got to go there just to trump him

No not my first time but I love seeing them. I am looking at doing a dive or two while I am here. I have been a certified diver since I was 12' date=' so almost 15 years now. I will defidently be checking out this places everyone is recommending. Here on my honeymoon so I don't get to spend all my time in the water this time. I would love to go to jamica. I also want to make the red sea and great barrier reef at least once. Should do pnwmas dive trip.[/quote']

Grats on the Honeymoon! That's where myself and the wife went for ours... Last year we did our 4th trip for the 20th anniversary. I think Kona is on the list for the next trip

Just got done snorkeling with sea turtles and some beautiful fish including some full grown naso tangs. Gotta love Maui sure does make my tank seem insufficient when you see actual coral colonies. Would love to see some of these under actinics tthough. Everytime I am here I get all school girl giddy.

get a water proof, pocket version then have your dive bubby hold it above them (hitme)

We were just there 2 weeks ago and enjoyed the snorkeling. I would say that black rock was our favorite on that side of the island. The best snorkeling at black rock was definately out around the point. If you enter in front of the Sheridan swim out past the point and head around to the right. There is a really nice little inlet around the point and the best snorkeling we had. Honolua bay was my 2nd choice. We also snorkeled Napili bay. Napili was more rocky and I didn't feel that there was as much to look at. We did see turtles every day we went out into the water :) My advice to get up early and go snorkeling as every one of the places fills up fast as it gets later.

This thread is great! We are going in a week and this is cool to hear since we are staying on Kaanapali beach. I remember black rock from my youth and thought it was awesome. However this will be my first time Scuba/snorkeling since I've known anything about reef tanks. Should be a whole new experience. Congrats on getting married!

Nice guys I have been to Jamaica, reefs are not in best shape. Cancun reefs off shore are pretty nice. La paz neat baja reefs, mostly of pocillipora. Best ever was Fiji when the corals start in a foot of water you know its gonna be awesome. Also I posted pics of Fiji and cancun trip on here awhile back

Thank you everyone for the congratulations and the advice on snorkel areas. Went to honolua bay today and saw some awesome fish and an eagle ray. Honolua is an awesome little cove with plenty to see including some huge trigger and parrotfish. I think tomorrow we are gonna head south and find some other areas that were suggested. Oh almost forgot saw a pretty large moray eel there as well.