flatworm exit for a tank at a school

dsoz

Can anyone give up a dose of flatworm exit for a 20g tank in a school? I'll be at the meeting on Sunday in Portland, but not on Saturday in Cottage Grove.

A teacher I work with got the 20g package from Carolina Biological Supply Company, and they shipped her a bunch of garbage. (flame) It makes me sick how they ripped her off. A diverse package of invertibrates turned out to be a whole bunch of hermits and snails, and only a couple of other things. "Several pieces of rock covered with life" turned out to be two pieces that total the size of her fist, with a little bit of macroalgae DOH! . Then I was talking to her today, and she was excited that she saw some planaria-like things crawling on her glass. FLATWORMS!!!! That was just a discussion on a thread here in the last two weeks. I told her that I would ask around for some FWE.

What is worse, I "loaned" her some of my algae-covered rock to help feed her starving snails. Now I probably have FWs too! I have not seen them, but I suspect that they are there. ARGH!!!!

thanks for the help

dsoz :)

So I went home last night, and started looking at the glass in my tank at home... What do I see, little brown flat things that move quick. Could be stomatella babies, but more likely brown flatworms. ARGH!!!! First ick, now flatworms. I am going to use a microscope to get a closer look, and verify, but I am almost of what I have. Maybe I can use FWE before they get to be an epidemic. I looked on-line and it is only $15. I can swing for a bottle, and I'll use it both at home and for my co-worker at school.

Thanks Joel for the offer, but I need to get some for my home tank anyway. I don't think anyone needs to pay for shipping the stuff. Unless you can get it to me at one of the meetings this weekend. I am not going to the south meeting, but I plan on going to the Portland meeting.

Reefhut- At school it is only a 20g tank, and it is fishless right now. She is trying to show diversity in the invertibrate kingdom to her kids this year. I guess flatworms are part of that diversity. LOL At my house my tank is still on lockdown mode from ick. The two clowns that I have are living in the 10g hospital tank for two more weeks (for a total of six weeks). After that I can think about adding another fish, but it will live in the hospital for two weeks of QT before they get added to the main tank. I thought that a fish like a wrasse was aggressive, and should be added last. Then they eat all the 'pods in the tank :(. I like the little guys crawling all over. They are fun to watch.

Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of flatworm invasion from space. :)

maybe I can get a 6 line and put it in the tank at school for a little while, then bring it home when the ick clears from my tank. Now the question is where to find one, and how much they cost.

Thanks for the idea :)

not all wrasses are agressive...The six line and eight line are great community fish and keep those FW at bay..

Don't be recommending an eight line so fast Shannon. Ours is Satan, he eats shrimp, crabs, other wrasse's, anything he doesn't like. Has taken out probably $200 dollars worth of fairy and flasher wrasse's before i caught him.

And there is no way to catch him, fwiw, i would stick with a 6 line.

Don't be recommending an eight line so fast Shannon. Ours is Satan, he eats shrimp, crabs, other wrasse's, anything he doesn't like. Has taken out probably $200 dollars worth of fairy and flasher wrasse's before i caught him.

And there is no way to catch him, fwiw, i would stick with a 6 line.

So do you have a 6 line in the store? if so how much???

I may need to wait until payday (if the household emergencies don't eat up my fish budget). How much do they normally cost?

How about Flatworm eXit? do you have any of that? How much would that cost? If it is cheaper, I may wish to eradicate them that way while my tank is still stocked on the light side. Thanks for the info

Dennis :)