Wtt for an mp10

PowderBlue

I've got a 30 gallon tank drilled with an overflow built into it, a CPR hang on back fuge with skimmer section, 2 20 pound bags of Carib sea live same unopened, a bag of carib sea mineral mud, a jalli a11 two bulb fixture, no name skimmer with no pump, A maxijet 1200, and I'll throw in some cash. Worth a shot lol this stuff is just taking up space in my garage.

You really don't need an mp10. There cool but not an absolute must. you could always just do some hydro pumps on a controller and have just as good flow. A lot of people overrate them and now it's become a cool trend to have them. I have already owned 3 different mp10 an thought there flow was pretty weak and only good on very small tanks.

You really don't need an mp10. There cool but not an absolute must. you could always just do some hydro pumps on a controller and have just as good flow. A lot of people overrate them and now it's become a cool trend to have them. I have already owned 3 different mp10 an thought there flow was pretty weak and only good on very small tanks.

I would have to disagree. I've had many tanks over the past few years and have only had one mp10 and wouldn't change it for the world. I've run koralias on a controller but they trend to run backwards quite frequently (many different tanks and powerheads).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I think there good pumps just not what people rave about. If your keeping a Sps tank and it's anything over 29g your gonna need 2. I think tunze are a better option IMO. Now If your talking mp40 those are different and will push some serious water. This is just my personal opionion and I'm sure other feel different.

No your not screwed' date=' that why we have PayPal. There are better deal on reef central, it's just so much bigger.[/quote']

just cause you send through paypal doesnt mean its a nice mp10? lol there is so many little problems that the thing can have and if its off warranty your screwed also paypal takes a minute to return things,

i sell and collect kicks bro i know a lot about paypal..

and hes not screwed jsut ppl still sell them for high price and trades are pretty hard to come by with mp10 unless you have something nice as well to trade...

id also agree with noob the mp10 blows everything else out of the water the fact you can set it to LPS conditions or SPS conditions or even to whatever the hell you wanna set it to.. i think a new one is worth the price ive spent ALOT of hours looking for one and your not going to get one used thats too nice unless you pay around the same price it is for a brand new one.. so honestly my only advice is.. if you want the best you have to pay for the best so just buy it new.. makes no sense to pay that much for somthing that could crap out on you at any time. ive also heard the ones with the cords attached to the controller malfunction less.

A lot of people will agree that tunze on a controller are better then a vortech. Vortechs are Loud and non directional. I love vortech I have own 5 so far but when I had the mp10 I always wanted more flow. If you buy a used mp10 from reef central and it dont work properly they will refund you money back. If you buy a used mp10 and it works for a week and then stops you propably still get you money back. I you purchase using a credit card your even safer as you can deal with the credit company and PayPal.

I agree it real nice when ecotech gives you a 1 yr warranty. The parts are not cheap for those.

I just like the look of one powerhead and it's a super clean install. If a mp10 isn't enough for a 40 breeder I may have to look into a 40' date=' but the gph out of a ten I thought would be sufficient.[/quote']

I'd get a mp40, and dial it back if its too much for your 40 gallon. Then if you get a bigger tank down the road, you already got a mp40!