Leaf fish.... Will it work in my tank?

PowderBlue

eventually, they have the smallest mouths of any scorp and they max at 4 inches so idk what all theyre safe with far as eating wise but i know ours cant even choke down a tiny chromis and hes 2 inch currently im assuming hell probably only get another inch or so considering they got by max recorded, and yeah rhino scorps are insane a bunch of really pretty exotic colors

rhinos on the other hand are amazing fish and have huge mouths and eat alot alot more, the one your talking about its pretty cool hes colored up nicely compared to when they got him in, and took to frozen food immediately, be prepared as most leaf fish will never eat frozen food and ours was extremely stubborn and was a rediculous amount of work but now he takes food immediately, from most of my research on them there more likely to get beat up then ever eat fish, they stay pretty small and their mouth is teeny tiny compared to other scorps, he cant even fit a whole silverside in his belly without trouble thats why currently we feed 3/4 of fish obviously head and organs

im not telling you it wont i just dont think OURS would

all depends on your size of shrimp too if its pretty small could be likely, and according to liveaquaria your goby gets about 6 inches where the leaf is 3-4 inches ours at 2 inches cant eat more then about a 3/4 inch pieces maybe a little bigger or smaller

Thanks Garett, I had an extremely stubborn lion fish I had to entice him to eat every time but it never bothered me. My cleaner shrimp is about 3 to 4 inches long, the goby is only about 3 inches long.. I really appreciate the info, I'm going to toss it around and decide over a week or so. I've just about hit my limit on coral for a while so its time for a few fish.

All you gotta worry about is if the leaf is smaller than the fish you have your 100% fine I'll bet you anything.. My leaf won't eat past maybe 1/3 of his body and when he does he has a real hard time he ate a chromis couldn't digest it and spit it up, has never got near it since, I'm gonna throw my leaf in with an angel and a sixline with confidence

I own one man, mine and Garrett's opinion are from personal experience, it took me 3 weeks to get him to eat after the chromis incident I thought I was going to lose him.. Just make sure if you can only get him to eat fresh water ghost shrimp and feeder fish to switch him with time because their nervous system will shut down. I'm lucky enough to have the leaf me and Garrett own on frozen, they are the hardest leaf to switch to prepared food. The leaf is NOT an angler he will not go for things bigger than him, due to his body shape and size of mouth. Also coolest fish I've owned by far. You'd think they don have much personality but leafy definitely has an amazing one lol, I say you give it a shot if your thinking about it the worst thing that could happen is the lead getting picked on. That's all I'm worried about with mine at least I'm not getting a maroon cause of it

Dang you got them on frozen?! Skills that pay the bills haha! It took me 5 months to get my lion on frozen. Thought he never would do it. I'll take your idea and get a small one. My shrimp is fairly big, goby and coral were the biggest concern! Thanks hash! Where did you find the yellow one?? I'm wanting a red.

Yeah, woodys is the same, not a lot of anything... Lol good shop though and I finally saw woody back today! It's been a minute since I've seen him. And that's awesome fantaseas gots good fish just I'm always skeptical cause I've heard bad things and my roommate has had a couple bad experiences.. But that's where I got mine and he's clean also the leaf sheds once every 2 weeks, so if he's shedding before that something is not normal and same goes with vice versa if it takes longer.

Haha ok if I ever sell it you have first dibs!! I asked and as soon as Austin said he had one Patrick's daughter was like "I could of sold that to David!" we're you in there today??! I got extremely lucky today, I've never seen one there, let alone a red one! Thanks for the info on the shedding too!