Need help on MP20 troubleshooting

OceanRevive

My mp20 is flashing red and green, I opened it and the bearings are good. Before this thing happened, I have water spilled on top of the controller box. I really think my controller has some parts shot.

If u have a spare mp20 or mp40 controller , may I connect to my dry side motor to try it out? Really appreciate any help. The controller box has to be opened to connect the dry side motor. I have opened mine many times , never had any problem.

I didn't look at each video but I found luck with the GEN 2 model (even though they only show ES models I believe GEN 1 &2's still have similar enough basic software functions) using the reset procedure for clearing FALSE ERRORS "SEPERATION ERRORS" Where pump works for a sec and then led goes RED/Blinks red/Goes red and another color ect. All errors, probably the "Hard reset"?

there is an instruction for a reset on 1st gen as well. I tried it and it did not work.

The pump was sent to vortech. They told me the motor bearing is bad, website is bad as well. Both need to be replaced. They will charge me 300+ to fix it. I asked them to ship it back and I bought a mp20 for my 34g tamk. After the pump back home, I opened dry side. Both bearings are free to turn. (wasted money to buy spare bearings...$ ) the wet side is free to spin as well. The error light (red/green) means overheat on dry side. In this case, I did not find a reason it can be overheated or stalled. I believe due to the water went inside control box, the dry side temperature sensor was shot and sends a false positive signal to controller all the time. If u have a controller , please let me hook up my motor to troubleshoot it.

Thanks buddy, no hurry about that, i bought a mp10 for the nano tank i have. I just curious what wrong with mp20 as I don't believe what Ecotech told me (both dry side and wet side need to be replaced). If that is the case, I just throw it away.

I will let you know when I head up or drive back portland.